Chapter Seven

Sonic Pov

Later

8:30 pm

After me and Shadow finished our project,I hear the front door open.I look off into space realizing Joey is back from work..I thought he wouldn't be back so soon.What am I gonna do..he's probably drank and I don't know how he'll react with Shadow being here.While I'm lost in my thoughts,I feel shadow shake me.Bringing me back to reality..I look at him,and try to hide my worry.

Shadow: Sonic are you alright..?

Sonic: Yeah,it's just Joey he's my foster Dad

I said with a smile.Trying to stop my lips from shaking,I don't know what to do..I tell Shadow that since we're finished,and that it's getting late he should head home.He agrees as he grabs his stuff,and puts the stuff in his backpack.I hear foot steps come up stairs..as I walk Shadow to my bedroom door.I open the door,and me along with Shadow step out.We both start heading to the stairs.(Where are you going son..?)The two of us stop in our tracks.Me and Shadow turn to look behind us..to see Joey at the end of the hall.

Sonic: H-Hi Joey

Joey: Who's your friend..?

He asked as I tried to keep my cool.

Sonic: Oh his name is Shadow..he's my friend

Shadow: Hey..

Shadow said with a kinda cold tone in his voice.Which was not expected..why does he kinda sound mad..?I notice I'm staring at Shadow and,quickly turn back to look at Joey

Sonic: He came over so we could work on a project..hehe

I said,In a kinda nervous tone,Joey sighs and says it's fine,he urges us to hurry up since it's getting late..I know he just wants Shadow out of the house though.We start heading down stairs,and put our shoes on,I take Shadow outside,and close the door behind me.Shadow looks at me with a serious look,I walk over to him confused.

Sonic: Is there..something wrong..?

Shadow: ..you seemed really uncomfortable

Sonic: Oh no I'm not I just didn't think he was coming home early that's all

Partly of what I said was true but,at the same time I was lying.

Shadow: That's what I mean..your whole expression changed when he came into the house..is everything alright with you and him..?He asked with a serious yet concerned tone.

Sonic: Yeah things are all good Shad really

I smile.

Sonic: Yeah we're good I promise^^

Shadow: Don't promise me anything..I'm just worried about you

Sonic: Don't worry Shad im good

10:33 pm

Before getting into bed,I grabbed a table from the dinning room.I pushed it under the door nob to my bedroom..as I move back.

Sonic: That should do it

I said as I get on my bed and grab my phone,I start to watch YouTube.A few minutes later I hear footsteps,my door nob shakes..not being able to move cause of the chair.I look at the door..knowing Joey is drank again trying to get in the room.

Sonic: You can't come in I blocked the door!

Joey: Open the door you little fucker!

Sonic: No!Just go away!

I yell as the nob continues to shake,I hear him start hitting the door..I feel fear over come me,realizing the chair might not hold the door closed.He's being so aggressive with the door.