Chapter 1: Frontman

(This chapter is like The VIPs Episode in the series but I added some point of view/thought. Please don't ask me how I literally decided to write Fiction about squid game but still important you it's better to read it)

Frontman POV

The sound of the telephone rings, indicates that one of the VIPs is calling. I used the elevator and went up to my room. I walked over to the telephone and was stunned to see a slight difference. The cord wide was on the left side. I debate on picking up the phone but decided to pick it up anyway.

"Frontman speaking..I'm glad you're enjoying the game...Yes, the host is currently waiting for the VIPs to arrive." I put the telephone back with the cord side on the right side. I walked back to the elevator and pretend to go back but I stopped and pulled out my silver handgun.

I turned around, gripping the gun in my left hand. "I know you are in here right now. Whoever you are, you're good but you made one mistake." I began to open every doors I see, pointing the gun to the room, checking it as I began talking again. "You see, I always put the cord side to the right." I close the doors and cautiously walking down the hall. "The gun you shot are for polices officers, what in the world is a police doing in here without a partner"

I opened the door to my bedroom and saw the bed being messed up. He's in here. "I don't know how you got in but I'm not letting you out easily. I'm sure you have a lot of questions, it's not too late to come out and ask me." I opened the door to the file room and turned on the light. As I carefully made my way to the end of the room.

Whoever you are, you're quick and organized. I thought as I pushed back the drawers. Suddenly my speaking device rang, I picked it up—"We found a body." Says one of the worker. "Where?" The workers told me his direction and I put away the device. I looked back at the shelf one more time and swiftly walked away.
~~~~

As I reached the shore, I saw a body that must've been lying here for a long time because it was rotten. If I wasn't wearing a mask, it would stink. "We found a police identification on him." The square said as he handed me the card. I open the card and they flashed the flashlight on.

                           Hwang Jun-ho

My eyes grew wide as I realized who the person in the room was, my own little brother

My eyes grew wide as I realized who the person in the room was, my own little brother. Luckily, nobody could see my shocked expression behind my mask. The device rang again, "The VIPs has arrived." I put back the device and I closed the card, took a deep breath and told them to incinerate it after they asked what to do with the body.

I walked back to the main room the VIPs will be going. As I was going there, I thought to myself: what if I caught him, what should I do? I shook off the thought and brought myself to knock on the host's room and I enter. "The VIPs has arrived." I said and the host took off his mask and turned to me, "you attend the guess for me" "may I ask why?" "There's no way watching the game is fun than playing it." He said and I nodded.

I walked back as I heard the Elevator rang. I walked to the elevator and greet the VIPs "greeting, I hope your journey coming here was splendid. I am the frontman who operates and oversees all matter here." The VIPs looked and me, eying me up and down then one of them spoke up.

"Where's the host?" Says one of them. "Unfortunately the host cannot come and he asks me to accompany you instead." "Seriously?! The host had to miss a night like tonight?" "The host asked me to apologize for his behalf. The game is prepared and I'm sure it won't disappoint you."

"Listen, I don't mind giving anybody some slacks —that's not a problem. I just—I'm a difficult man to pleased so I hope you won't disappoint me." Another VIP said. I took deep breath and looked at them, "shall we?" I said as I lead them to the main room where they will be seeing the game.

"I am dying to know what the next game is, give us a hint will ya?" The VIP said. "As much as I wanted to, I'd hate to ruin the fun." I replied. "Trust me we have plenty of big screen at homes but nothing beats seeing with your own eyes." "The contest in Korean is the best so far" I looked at them and thanked them then we all turned to look at the VIP screaming at the screen.

"What are you so worked up about?" "I bet a lot of money on that Dickhead to win!" "How much did you bet?" "A million bucks!" "What convinced you to bet so much on number 69?" "Oh it's such a beautiful number! 69!" Why did that man have to come? I questioned myself.

I sighed then asked them to get some rest and will get them when the next game begins.

I walked back to my room and locked it. I took off my mask and set it on my bed. The game doesn't begin until the next day so I pressed the button on my desktop keyboard, informing the workers that work day is done and must return to their room immediately.

I sat on my bed and sighed, placing my hands on my head. "How did I get myself in this mess.." I say then place my hand down. I felt empty, I've gone through so much, so much that I can't feel any more emotion. I killed people without mercy because I didn't have emotions.

I open my eyes then looked at the police ID well—my little brother ID Laying in my hand. I want to cry but I've cried too much, there's no tear coming out. When I saw the married couple got separated in the game of marble, my heart ached for them as it reminded me of my wife when we had to go through similar things as them.

Back in 2015..
"Attention players, welcome to your 4th game. In this game. You and your partner have 5 marbles in each pouch. Please take a pouch each and follow the worker and Further instructions will be provided." The announcement said as I looked at my wife. "When we win this, we're gonna leave and pay off every debt we have." I said looking at my wife and she smiled at me. We followed the worker until he stopped.

"Attention players, you all can choose a game of your choice in order to get the other 5 marbles in your partner pouch. The person with 10 marbles move to the next game. Let me repeat.." the announcement went on again as I looked at my wife and she looked at me. "Honey.." she said to me then she smiled.

We played a game of throwing marbles and she deliberately pretend to not knowing how to play the game even though she is a master at marbles game. I looked at her, tears in my eyes. She said
"You deserved to continue your life, In-ho. We don't have any children yes, but I've lived enough."

"No.." I said as she threw her last marble, and I won because she gave me the win. The guard put a gun up her head and smile at me. "In-ho honey..take care of yourself" she said then the guard shot her. "Player 389, eliminated. Player 132, passed"

End of flashback.

I shook it off and got up from the edge of my bed and kept the ID next to my office area. I went to the shower, changed my clothes then sat on my office chair and looked at the background photo of Jun-ho and I. I loved my brother dearly, and I missed him. I haven't seen him in quite a long time so I know sooner or later we'll meet again soon but not the way I wanted it to be.