Part 5: The Truth

1848 words lol

In-ho POV

"Hyeong why?" That was the last word he said to me and I shot him, causing him to fall of the cliff. "In-ho.." I heard him mumbling. I sighed as I patted his head, which caused him to shot his eyes open fast. "Hyeong" he said to me.

The look of shocked and betrayal were still portrayed on his face. Causing me to sigh again, but the sigh soon broke into silent sob, I felt tears coming down my eyes. I didn't even try to hide from him that I'm crying. "I'm sorry.." I said to him. It was all I could say, but if he asks any questions, I will answer it.

"Hyeong.." he said as he got up slowly and pulled me into an embrace. I hugged him tightly, scared that he would fall back into the ocean if I let him go and then I felt tears soaking into my shirt, he's crying too.

"I had been finding you, and you know how betrayed and heartbroken I am when I found out that you.." he paused and then continue, "you were my brother" "I know..and I'm sorry, very very sorry.." I said softly. "Why..?" He pulled away from me and looked at every thing in my room, at the gun, the mask, the monitor, everything.

"What got you into this In-ho?" He said to me, hoping I would answer it truthfully. I sighed again, yes I sigh a lot. "Prepare for a whole lot of complicated shit" I said as I chuckled slightly. "Do you remember when you and mom asked what happened to Seo-yeon (his wife) when she suddenly stop appearing?" He nodded and I looked at him, "you'll find out about it today"

"It was back in 2015, mom was deep in debt, our whole family were deep in debt. You know how my job salary is, too little to manage debts and I was the only one, employed. I got into fights with my wife at home about money as she thought I always take it to gambling."

I paused taking a deep breath before continuing. "We were deep in debt that time but we were poor and happy with everything we have, except the fights with me and my wife in our apartment. So one day, I decided to go against my principle, gambling.

I stole my wife money and used on horse game and I won so I tried out my luck again, and that was until I saw my creditors rushing towards me. I couldn't even run, although I'm a police officer but I was alone with no self defense, with no partner to help.

They beat me up and stole the money I've just made form gambling and so I got up, despite the injury and struggle to get back to my house. I was tired so I sat on the ground and began breaking down, something I did not expected. But then I heard a voice, asking me to play a game with him."

I stopped, debating on telling him the rest of the story since it's the first time I share it with someone. He sensed the doubt on my face and put his hand on him, his thumb caressing my hand. "You can continue later if you want to."

"No, I need to tell you now." I continued, "The way the game work is just like every year, a salesman saw me breaking down on the side of the road and came to me, asking me to play ddakji with him for money, he would give me 100,000 won if I win and if I lose I give him the same amount of money.

I tried to push my luck and play but I lost so he offered to slap me instead of taking 100,000 won and then I kept playing and playing until I finally won and so he handed me a card, the one I assume you saw in my apartment because that's the only way you can know where I am.

And so out of desperation, I called to the game and agreed to play. At first I did not know the game was that brutal and gruesome, too. They told us we would be playing 6 games in 6 days.

We played the same games for around 5 years, so the game I've played in 2015 and the the game they are playing are all the same. The first was Red light Green light and so many people were eliminated, by eliminated I meant killed.