3...

Maybe it was a dream...

but... she spoke to Domino? Anne's cat from home.

The sky held plenty of shooting stars... each so large and burning bright, the hues were somewhat blinding... it was nothing but beautiful...

She lied on what felt like grass... soft... stroking each blade through her fingers trying to figure out if this was real.

Though, to be honest she just felt really worn out.

"Hello." A cat appeared over Sasha's face prompting her to sit up.

"Whoa..." Confused and concerned she asked, "Did... you just talk? Am I dead or something? Or is Anne's cat the only thing that will flash before my eyes?"

"Ahahah!" It's voice seemed to echo, "Do not fret, I am The Cosmetic Guardian, I have watched over your world and many other words for countless of eon's."

She was a bit phased, "Uh alright? So where am I? Why am I here? Am I dead?"

"One question at a time please." It began cleaning its fur.

"Am I dead?"

The guardian chuckled, "Starting with the biggest question huh? Anne asked the same thing when she was here."

Sasha's interest shot up, "Anne was here?"

"Yes and no, but for you, you're fortunately not expired. This is more of your subconscious." It scratched behind its ear with a hind leg, as Sasha's eyes went wide.

"Back up a bit, yes and no?" She rubbed her hands together nervously, "What do you mean 'for me' I'm not expired? Does that mean... Anne died?"

The Guardian became serious sitting in a straight and polite manner in its cat form. "Yes."

"Then what about that baby-"

"The baby is Anne Boonchuy, she is..." It licked its paw, "A back up drive, that was meant to hold all the functions and same purpose of the original."

Her heart sank...

"That means... the real Anne is... gone..."

"I'm sorry," It's eyes darted down, "Unfortunately I'm not allowed to mess around with the Soul Faction."

Sasha pinched between her brows, "Wait hold on, you said that baby Anne was meant to hold all the same things as the original?"

"Ah yes, I proposed to the clone about taking my position as The Cosmetic Guardian. Although after sending her back..." It tucked its tail between its legs, "I may have miscalculated a couple of things..."

"Is that why-"

"She is trapped the form of a human baby? Yes." It ducked its face into its paws, "I really messed up... and might have to wait even longer for retirement..."

"Can't we get her back to normal?" Sasha suggested.

The guardian shook its head, "The leaves that Anne faded into were spread too far apart once I brought her back, and her memories are a bit fuzzy, though they'll most likely fade as she gets older."

Her shoulders slumped in defeat, "So that means... everything we've been through... her memories of us... our bond..."

The blonde sighs disappointed and upset, 'I've technically lost her a fourth time now...'

The guardian could only give an empathetic look.

"Why am I here..." She asked head down.

"I brought you here for one request." It snuck up on top of Sasha's head. "Raise the child right, take good care of her."

It jumped down and looked into her eyes, "Now go, I hope you're willing to fulfill my request."

The Cosmic Guardian came close and tapped a paw on her head...

"Besides... There's someone special who is waiting for you to wake up."

Light flashed her eyes.

"Your future has so much in store for you Sasha Waybright. Until then-!" The voice echoed.

She squirmed around and furrowed her eye brows before gasping and batted her eyes open. The walls looked so pristine... and Newtopian like...

She raised an arm and saw what seemed to be an IV tube attached and some other equipment strung along in different places.

'How long have I've been out for...?'

The sound of a curtain opening stirred her full attention, the instinct to prepare for whatever was coming kicked in.

So she shot up and reached for her swords that... weren't there?

'Shit...'

A gasp from a Newt, "Oh my! You're awake! Marcy will be pleased."

Her ears perked at the name, "Marcy..." She croaked then coughed from the dryness of her throat.

The newt scrambled to her feet, "Hold on let me fetch you some water."

...