...4

Marcy looks over the cliff watching as a good portion of the Amphibians are rebuilding new and old structures of Newtopia.

The sky has cleared up nicely, no longer dark and grey, the water was nearly clean of small debris, and vegetation was flourishing thanks to... him...

After everything that happened she shouldn't think about that newt... because it... hurts...

However... looking at the city makes it hard to not think about him... It stood as a reminder that they were no longer friends... and they probably... never were...

It was all just... a lie...

Something pangs at her heart, a feeling that is familiar but its more painful than she's ever felt before.

Marcy flops onto her back and yells into the open air in frustration.

No one hears her shout...

Staring at the sky her eyes are tearing up as her brows crinkle, 'Not like anyone ever listens to me anyway...'

She's blinking back tears as she frustratedly stares at this stupid blue sky!

The feeling is plaguing her mind again, tugging her heart with thin strings...

What was this aching feeling again...?

'Oh... right...' She sighs miserably, 'Loneliness... I... don't remember it being this difficult to deal with..."

Water begin streaming from each eye, '...after everything I've done...'

The wind blew attempting to dry her tears...

"...maybe... I deserve to be... alone..."

The wind strength increased enough to notice, as if it wanted to protest at Marcy's concept...

"I'm a fool... a failure... and a horrible friend..."

Suddenly the wind became rough and jagged for a mere second.

"Don't you ever tell yourself that-!"

Marcy's hairs stood up and her ears perked at such a familiar voice...

"...Anne...?"

She sat up and wiped her tears away looking into the forest behind her...

no one...

Marcy scoffed and sat back down, honestly what had she hoped for...? That Anne be standing there back to her normal self-?

She's such a fool-

Rustles in the bushes caught her off guard, she got up again carefully going in to investigate...

She begins imagining who it could be, 'Why are your hopes up again Marcy!' She scolds herself but can't help it...

Marcy goes over to the moving bush and it stops...

'Oh boy...' She's slightly afraid but can't help but call out, "Anne...?"

She quickly moves leaves aside revealing what hides among them. Solemnly Marcy is disappointed...

Its none other than little Anne who had crawled over in the area. Anne hums the letter M attempting to speak while reaching her arms in the air.

From body language Marcy knew she wanted to be picked up, the raven haired girl couldn't help but smile.

"Hi Anne!" She began talking in a sweet voice as she scooped the little thing in her arms, "Why you here hmm? I thought Sprig was supposed to watch you?"

Anne coos and giggles as a response.

Marcy chuckles at the adorable noises, "Alright you, lets go back to camp."

...