...6

"Ugh! Marcy's changed Anne!" Sprig paces back and fourth in a clearing, "And I'm not sure if its for the best or worst."

He turns around and ask, "What do you think?"

"Pfft-"

"Frog!" He's questioning his sanity, "What am I doing? I'm basically talking to and underdeveloped pollywog."

Sprig sighs, "Marcy... is acting different. Like she's afraid of... something?"

His head lies on a nearby tree stump with Anne playing with a new toy in her small hands, not paying any mind to his chatter.

"I wish... we could talk like usual Anne... it's kinda lonely..."

Silence sits between the two as the wind reaches them with a light breeze. Its calm... and peaceful, but also... sad...

"AMBUSH!!!"

The tree stump bursts open from the top, sending Sprig backwards. As he looks up Ivy lands right on top of his scrawny body.

The yellow frog giggles, "Hey, I've been looking for you."

"Hi Ivy." Sprig says in a giddy voice as she helps him up from the ground.

"So... About tonight?"

His joyful bubble pops and his lungs let out another grand sigh, "Sorry Ivy I dunno if we could go on a date again, Hop-pop and Polly are tired from watching over Anne, and I'm basically the only one with enough energy at this point."

"Ah frogs, that sucks..."

They both sit next to each other in the grass as Anne is playing with a purple cat plush.

"At least we can hang out like this." Sprig places a hand on hers with an endearing smile, the yellow frog blushed.

"Wait a minute..." And idea pops in Ivy's head, "Thats it! Sprig you're a genius!"

"Wait, I am?"

She chuckles, "Yeah! 'We can hang out like this'?"

He doesn't get a hint of what she's talking about, Ivy rolls her eyes, "I take it back, you're an idiot, but luckily you're cute." And a peck is placed on his cheek.

Sprig has a red tint and grin across his face.

"Anyway," She starts, "We both can watch Anne, that way I'll get to hang out with you more."

"Ohhhhhh! You're right! I am a genius."

She lightly punches him in the shoulder at the joke, "Yeah right you goof."

They both start chuckling and sigh in delight.

"I think we can take Anne anywhere we want, as long as we're keeping close tabs on her. So what do you wanna do?" Sprig ask's.

"Hm..." Ivy thinks, "I guess we can go explore the finished parts of Newtopia? I've never been there before in my life!"

"Sounds like a plan!" He happily agrees, "Plus it isn't dangerous or anything, perfect for watching Anne while hanging out."

"Alright then lets head out right now." Ivy hops to her feet with Sprig.

He chuckles with Ivy's hand in his, then says, "Come on Anne— oh..." The mood is let down a little remembering his best friend... isn't really herself anymore.

Ivy lets go of his hand as he walks over and holds Anne in one arm.

"Hey." His girlfriend taps his shoulder to comfort, which helps a bit.

They link hands once again and walk into the thick green forest, as a short gust of wind rustled the nature behind them.

...