an epilogue before we're done.

"you're having my baby
what a lovely way of sayin' how much you love me
havin' my baby
what a lovely way of sayin' what you're thinkin' of me
i can see it, your face is glowin'
i can see it in your eyes, i'm happy you know it
that you're havin' my baby
you're the woman i love"
[(you're) having my baby - paul anka and odia coates]

Nadine.
July 2nd. (Seven-And-A-Half Months Later.)

My water broke at 3:00 am this morning.

I had just fallen asleep about an hour and a half before then, so I wasn't exactly thrilled when I woke up in a puddle of amniotic fluid. I was thrilled, however, after realising what had happened because it meant that by the end of the day today, I most likely wouldn't be pregnant anymore.

Pregnancy hasn't been enjoyable for me in the slightest. The only thing getting me through it is the knowledge that it's temporary, and at the end I'll have a baby as proof of what I went through.

My anaemia only got worse, the morning sickness never went away, migraines always clouded my mind, and I developed cholestasis halfway through my second trimester. A non-life-threatening condition that affects my liver, I spent a large sum of the last twenty weeks itching my palms like a mad woman.

I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions for the past week and a half, but since I woke up I could tell these were different. These were the real things. I'm finally in labour and I couldn't be happier.

I'm just ready for it to be over. Harry and I are more than ready to meet this little one, especially considering this is the first time we've had any sort of break or free time since the wedding.

A lot has happened since then.

When Harry and I woke up the morning after, we had a lengthy discussion about everything. If rationality had no place on our wedding day, irrationality had no place the day after.

We decided that it would be best for Harry and Lennon to go back to New York in a week and a half, like they were supposed to. Andie and I would stay back, while we waited for all the paperwork to be processed. This was especially encouraged after I told Harry I wanted Finn's parental rights signed away. We also had stuff of our own to sort through.

Harry was pissed to be missing the next few doctor's appointments and taking those update pictures, but he made me video call him whilst at my appointments and send him weekly updates. He was very adamant about these pictures.

In the time we were apart, Harry poured all his time and energy into house hunting. I insisted on an apartment, but he told me that a house would be better in the long run for many reasons.

One: Millie would still have her yard to run around in.

Two: We needed the space of a house, because I clearly didn't know how small and expensive apartments were over there. If we were going to be paying a lot, it might as well be for a mortgage.

Three: We were both used to having houses anyways.

Of course, the list went on, but those were his main reasons. He was able to find the perfect house for us within a few weeks.

It was Andie and I's job to consolidate our houses and sell them. It wasn't as much work as I was expecting, especially because most of Harry and Lennon's stuff went with them.

Blaire and Daphne helped a lot. I think they both wanted to spend as much time with us as possible before we left. Which, I totally understand.

Daphne was really concerned with us staying in touch. Blaire was concerned about the logistics of everything regarding the States.