[norm] The Empire

For this OS to make sense just figure that Anakin resisted the dark side and Palpatine had some other Jedi chosen as his new apprentice (order 66 still happening, also everything in tcw s7, and tbb up to some point as well)

Anakin felt lost. He felt lost and confused. And betrayed.
Surprisingly, though - considering the last few months - it wasn't the Jedi Council that was the flashpoint for those feelings.

His steps echoed through the deserted streets of the mountainous planet, Ord Mantell.

Only two weeks ago it looked like the Republic would finally win the war; how blind they'd been.
Two weeks ago he had an exquisite dinner with Padmé and later cradled her in his arms, gently fondling the big baby bulge of his wife, awaiting precious little twins to be born soon. It almost killed him that he wouldn't be present at their birth.
And then, just that night, everything changed so fast. One moment unconfined peace filled the air, the next a tremor went through the force and he was packing. Packing his stuff to flee to protect his family. It wasn't much to pack though to be honest. He barely had anything material.

A cloaked figure crept through the shadows of the taller buildings, its flashing eyes fixed on Anakin.

They had decided that it would probably be best if Padmé stayed in the Senate and took care of their children, Luke and Leia, as they had already named them. But since Order 66 had been proclaimed, Anakin - as a Jedi - had to take cover and try his best not to involve his family into the persecution until they could find a way for all four of them to live together safely.

Stressed by the gazes on him, he ducked into the next alley, finding himself standing in front of some decrepit bar titled Cid's, and since he felt signatures approaching behind him in the main street, he decided to go in and take cover for a while, hoping that by the look of it not many people where inside.

His hopes were confirmed as he stepped in, being greeted by stale air. It was even better than he had hoped for. Not a single soul seemed to be here.

"Lookin' for someone?"

Anakin whirled around to where the voice came from. A short female Trandoshian stood in the doorway leading somewhere to the back of the bar, probably some private rooms. Why hadn't he sensed her?

He wearily shook his head. "Noone, just a place to stay for a while."

She grunted. "Well, don't make yourself a home here," she turned her back at him, peeking over her shoulder, "If you want a drink though, shout."

He nodded politely, "Thank you."

⭑✶⭑

Their temples collectively hurt. But they where thankful Rex had insisted on removing those death-bringing inhibitor chips. Otherwise - Hunter didn't even want to think about what would have happened if - Wrecker's would have activated on a mission, at Cid's parlor or worse, being alone with Omega.

Although the Reg was about to leave back on Bracca, Hunter was able to convince him to stay at least a little while longer with them. They now where all together on the Havoc Marauder in hyperspace on their way back to Ord Mantell.
Wrecker was with Omega, trying to make up for what happened, even though she had told him multiple times it was okay, it wasn't his fault. She agreed to play another game of Dejarik with him, knowing it would cheer him up to do something she liked and think of anything but their most recent mission.
Meanwhile Tech was busy with his data pad, analysing and reading. Echo was watching their flight, chatting with Rex about the good old times. Time by time there fell names like 'Skywalker' and 'Kenobi', also other regs where mentioned.
And Hunter, well, Hunter stood there, leaned against the wall, watching his squad, almost lost in thought.