[short] Sunrise (Anisoka)

Ahsoka clunched his hand as if it was her life. The wind howled through the air, but no other noise was hearable. They found a place of silence in this riot during war. Just them in intimate togetherness.

She rested her head on Anakins shoulder and sighed. "What is it?", he asked. "Nothing", Ahsoka waved aside, not very convincing. But he didn't ask further questions.

Another while they just sat there and listened to the silent sound of night.

"Alright", she finally admitted. "I'm... scared."

Anakin looked confused. "Why?"

She sighed again. "It's just that... what if we'll never come out of this war? If it's way longer than we'll live? If we'll never be able to live a normal life like this together. Can't be like other couples..."

"Well, we're somehow unique", Anakin explained.

"You know I didn't mean that." She looked up to him who smiled.

"I know"

Ahsoka's gaze wandered back to the sky and over all those planets and stars in the dark. And again she sighed. Anakin looked somehow worried for his girlfriend, thinking of the right words to tell her.

"Hey", he then started softly. He touched her chin with two fingers making her look at him.

Her deep blue eyes sparkled and her aura radiated comfortableness in his presence.

"We won't die in this war, we'll survive it, I promise"
"How could you promise that?", she chuckled lightly.

"Well, we protect each other, don't we? And I won't let anything bad happen to you."

"So do I", Ahsoka reassured him immediately. And again they went silent for awhile.

⭑✶⭑

"You know what?"
"Hm?"

"Why don't we just run away from all this?"

"Anakin", Ahsoka scolded him gently.
"Think about it again. Could you really leave it all? Your friends, your family?"

The Jedi reflected on her words, but then answered boldly "I've got you".

She smirked. "Anakin!"

Now he started laughing. "Did I ever tell you how much I love you?" Anakin held her tighter and she cuddled up to him. "You might have mentioned it once. I love ya, too"

Ahsoka closed her eyes as he kissed her forehead and just enjoyed his company.

She almost felt asleep as the sun finally touched the horizon.

"Mornin' sleepy head", Anakin woke her again. "Mornin'", she answered.

The rays of sunlight heated the landscape and awoke the life that was spread over the meadows and forests of Bakura. Ahsoka cuddled closer as the wind rose a bit while they waited for the day to begin.

"Do we already have to go?", she asked. Anakin softly stroke her Lekku. "We still have time"

So his Togruta closed her eyes again and dazed off slowly in his arms.

She knew he'd watch over her.

And he would never let anyone hurt his Snips.

Never.