[long] Anxiety

Thirty minutes. Anakin paced around. His Hands crossed behind his back, the gaze straight to the front. The sun shone through the little darkened windows of his room, while his thoughs just radiated around one thing.

Fourty minutes. He contacted Obi-Wan. 'No signal', the older Jedi had told him. He continued counting. From time to time the walls of this chamber came slightly nearer, but he tried to ignore it and just kept on waiting.

Fifty-two minutes. The pure silence in his quarters eventually made him go crazy, so he rushed outside. His purpose: the command center.

One hour, seven minutes. Counting minutes made him tired and awake at the same time. The longer he counted, the bigger his bad feeling grew. Something must have gone wrong. The force was agitated, what made it hardly possible for him to look out for the signature he was searching for. This fact just reassured his supposition.

One hour, twenty-four. The young man got even more anxious. He ran his hands over his face in frustration, because he just couldn't do anything. And they didn't know anything. Of course he trusted his captain, but if really something had happened, he would never forgive himself.

Then, finally, his former Master called him again. And Anakin got shocked the moment Obi-Wan gave him a rough summary of what had happened. By that time, Ahsoka should have checked in three hours thirteen minutes ago.

12 Hours earlier...

The Togruta raced through the hallways of the Jeditemple as fast as she could. It wasn't her first time to get a mission on her own, but she got nervouse everytime all over again, even though less this time, due to the fact that it wasn't quite difficult what they had to do. Still, she was excited and proud to prove herself reliable.

"Ahsoka!" her master stopped the girl in her run. She nearly lost balance, but Anakin reached out for her just at the right time so she didn't fall. "Slow down, the mission's not runnin' away, Snips", he scolded her slightly. An amused smile was shown on his face. The Jedi loved the spritely spirit of his young Padawan, but also had to watch out so she wouldn't do something stupid in this precipitancy.

"Sorry, Master!" she exclaimed, laughing softly. "I was just on my way to check up on Rex, he didn't answer his Comlink"

"Well, that's unusual indeed," Anakin admitted. Yet he already had an idea why his captain didn't respond.
"Alright," he continued after a short moment, "go on, get him"
Ahsoka's eyes sparkled, she turned on her heels and dashed away.
"Be careful!" the young Jedi tried to lecture his student, but she was already up and away. He shook his head in surrender, but couldn't deny a slight laugh escaping his throat. When would she ever get less bouncy?

Ahsoka charged towards the hangar, slowing sharply when she reached it. She would lead this mission, she had to behave maturely. So with a steadying breath, she approached the captain of the 501st, who stood hunched intently over something on a shoulder-high stack of crates.

"I see," she said, more to herself. "What's the issue, Rex?" she now adressed him, approaching and trying to get a look at what he was working on.

Meanwhile the man had turned his head and greeted his Commander.
"It's just a faulty wire in my Comlink, nothing to worry about"

"Why didn't you just get a new one?" Ahsoka wanted to know. Rex paused. He really hadn't thought of that.

Abashed he rubbed his neck. "I'm gonna get a new one then," he mumbled sheepishly.

With that he abandoned the damaged Com and left the Togruta with an amused smile on her face. Ahsoka looked around brightly. She adored the steady and calm yet needed to be called a rush in the halls with multiple speeders, spaceships and droids ready to serve. Even though there were lots of soldiers in this area, she was missing her blue armored brothers, since half of Skywalker's legion was already assembled on the Resolute, being assigned to the mission she was about to lead.