7. Unions

'Cersei was always obsessed with Rhaegar, the prince.' jaime mutter

'You dont see the appeal?' Emelyn mused.

'I see the appeal in you,' jaime corrected

'What do you think father wants to talk to us about?' Emelyn questioned, Jaime shrugged but when he saw Cersei come in he knew a family meeting meant nothing good. Tyrion waddled up to Emelyn and she picked him up. 'You are getting to big for this!' Emelyn remarked and Tyrion smiled up at her as she kissing his cheek.

'Good you are all here.' Tywin said he came behind Emelyn and drummed his fingers on her shoulders, he knew this was the point of daughters but Emelyn was sweet like her mother, kind and beautiful, he didn't want to let his baby girl go, but he had to.

'What father?" Cersei asked impatiently.

'Cersei,' Cersei on the other hand he was ready to get rid of. 'I'm marry you off to Robert Baratheon the lord of the storms end.' Tywin told Cersei and she soured her face.

'I am to marry a prince.' Cersei told him. 'a king!'

'Says who?" Tywin questioned and Cersei's gaze shifted to Emelyn.

"Cersei had a dream where she was in a crown.' Emelyn lied quickly. 'she thought it prophecy.' Emelyn added and Cersei nodded begrudgingly. Cersei started muttering endlessly, then it escalated to shouting and screaming. She was to be a queen!

'As for you my dearest Emelyn...' it pained him to say it, she turned and looked up to him. 'I am sending you to the north to marry Eddard stark. Brandon stark the eldest is marrying Catelyn tully.'

'The north!" Jaime shouted.

'Thank you father,' emelyn said stiffly she looked to jaime. 'The north...'

'The north?' Jaime questioned again. 'You can't send emelyn there!'

'Don't let him take Emme away!' Tyrion begged clinging to emelyns legs. She picked him back up kissing his cheek. 'Please Emme.' Tyrion begged. 'Don't go.'

'It is her right as a woman.' Tywin reminded him. But tywin didn't like sending his baby girl so far away. 'You understand don't you love?' Tywin questioned brushing her very blonde hair away from her eyes as she tried to settle tyrion.

'I understand.' Emelyn said obediently.

'My good, good girl.' He pressed a kiss to her forehead.

++

'Hello Lord Eddard it is lovely to meet you again.' Emelyn said when they got winterfell to meet her betrothed. Jaimes face pinched as Ned smiled down at his sister.

'You as well.' Ned agreed. He certainly couldn't do any better than a lannister beauty such as Emelyn. They had meet at the Prince Rhaegar's wedding but Emelyn had spent more time with Lyanna then Ned.'Please allow me to show you around.' Emelyn hooked her arm with ned as they walked jaime followed after but Rickard Stark grabbed his arm stopping him

'Maybe let the two have some time to themselves to get to know one another.' Rickard suggested. Jaime pulled his arm free of Rickards grasp.

'Don't touch me. We don't know you I'm not leaving my sister along with you people.' Jaime sneered following after her. Emelyn thought ned seemed nice. He was handsome and charming but she didn't love him. It wasn't love at first sight and she didn't see herself ever truly loving him. But she smiled all the same offering him compliments and telling him how lovely winterfell was. That's when she heard the crunch of boots in the snow behind them and she knew it was Jamie.

'You look cold sister,' Jaime said wrapping his cloak around her she smiled back at him

'Thank you Jaime,' she said softly, he glared over at Ned. Everyone and all the seven kingdoms have heard of the skills of Jamie Lannister so Ned was worried to say the least that is betrothed brother would slice his head off if he said or did something if he didn't like. Touched or kissed his sister in any way shape or form. Jaime seemed protective of her.

++

Cersei was to be wed to Robert. Emelyn to Ned. Rickard arranged a betrothal between Tywin and they agreed. Robert Baratheon, Lord of Storm's End and Lord Paramount of the Stormlands. Cersei didn't seem excited for she was supposed to be queen not some Lady of the fucking storms end. She knew they would never be a good match.