Chapter 4- The Wicked Path of a Selfish Conquistador (I)

Lorcrum the Gendarme of the Riverguard knew well that what lies in his veins and his inner being is the utter power that will dictate the success of his hidden mission.

As time passes, his destination still away, he started reading the pages of some wicked history.

LORCRUM

"Time has forgotten these waters and their bloodshed shall be their doom"

He pointed out to the writings about a particular merc-ship named "The Eurean" a label spat upon by historians.

"The Eurean" the famed or despised ship of the Imperial Hired Line was slithering through the labyrinthine cracks of old in the hopes for an end of a shining light that is the Ocean before it was Forsaken.

Not a whimper or utter from the crew, only the sounding of an embroidered baton, pounded on and on without end, eagerly by the Captain, screaming orders while steering the ship's rudder wheel.

The mountain wall was immediate for collision.

The rudder wheel was shaking, he gave the clear order, and the ship groaned in a panic turn, the pressure resounding from the wooden structure was a worry but every soul sighed in relief.

The first mate who is still worried of the mist ahead of the ship, suggested something to the Captain.

They and the entire crew, all of them, mercenaries for the Empire, they were on the hunt against a fleet of pirates; the pirate fleet fled somewhere and hidden in this mountainous and cavernous maze of narrowly watery ways.

Not knowing they were ahead or behind the hunt, the Captain knew well of his hired colleagues at arms, all of them wanting to be the first to gain earliest fame, glory and riches.

The instrument that he held which is his contract to the Admiralty of the Empire, was his maritime baton.

LORCRUM

"In the heart of Kamelung, what did they steal, those pirate slaves?"

Even the Captain was trying to figure out on why the Admiralty was wasting time and manpower, even the crew were clawing for some gossip but the only who knew of the reason, was the man from below deck, praying to the welfare of this living ship.

No way to turn, just forward, they went on toward the mist, even without the wind, they sailed on.

Silently as they went and slowly, the Captain's thoughts were still as fresh as the new sand placed all over the ship's floor, its earthly smell was a remainder of a siren song back at home, so powerful was the memory like the strongest pressure from the ocean's depths, he must succeed and be the first at all cost.

But at the back of his head, the Captain knew, that he will never return home.

The bellowing and shimmering bellow the ship which gave  rise of oceanic droplets, which hummed a sort of water dance. 

The hired-seamen knew that something else was also bellowing.

Even the first mate could not bear the embarrassment from the thunderous commotion down below the deck.

But the shivers of the Eurean brought back the Captain to his reality, gladly accepting the keen message from the ship and murmured his aloof thoughts to himself.