Chapter 10 - The Special Operation (I)

Northwest, sector of the Gallow Ways, Imperial Territories of Kamelung.

Northeast, sector of the Gallow Ways, claimed territories by the unwanted children, not recognized by the global realms of this world.

But go south of the Gallow Ways, awaits you the Forsaken Ocean.

In between those sectors, laid the Kafkan Isle of Bastille, home of the Sea Lords.

The imperials received the news that weeks later, the Freeport of Darkpool was cut off from the world, once again, no communications, a possible blackout from a blizzard.

But Imperial Wizard knew something was up, as he was gazing the cavernous darkness of the Gallow Ways for any sign of pirates and for any sign of mischief from the unwanted children.

As the wizard feared, the unwanted children had already crawled away from the earthly column, they've tarnished a symbol for wayfaring ships less powerful than their Mobile Sea Castle.

A bad omen, the unwanted children were expanding to cause more chaos in this dangerous but necessary route of sea trading.

All the Imperial could do, was recovering the symbol back to its original state, and the column was safeguarded again by locals, but how for long...?

The Mobile Sea Castle of Kamelung, bellowed and groaned a haunting song, as no one dared to challenge its call and of its master, the Imperial Wizard, who would gladly embrace the enemy in hellfire and brimstone.

The Imperial Foreign Legion still attached to their illusive diesel engine submarines, could see the murky light coming from the surface.

They were now in territorial waters of Bastille.

The Imperial Foreign Legionnaire, dashing upward to the surface, closed its eyelids, as the waves were engulfed by petrified spirits, a haunted storm that was swirling around the Mobile Sea Castle, protecting the vessel and what's below of the vessel.

One of the Imperial Foreign Legion, its tail still grasping  the outer hull of the submarine, saw in the depths of the sea, boundless, limitless, then shadows of spires had appeared slowly, some vertically, and others, horizontally.

The eerie sea was under the mantle of a defensive fog, that covered the endless spires and endless towers that were sailing along the waves, giving the semblance of hands grasping.

Any intent of invasion were simply cut short by those towers and spires.

Beneath the waves by the hull of the diesel submarine, the mollusk shell was detached, another Imperial Foreign Legionnaire, with its tail still attached to its transport, could not find any sign of life in those murky depths, only the humming of many.

Finally, they saw light in the horizon.

The diesel submarines had identified the Mobile Sea Castle, leaving the defensive mist of the spires and towers, the castle carrier was reflecting back the rays of light.

And by her side, the Mobile Sea Castle, received a warm welcome from the Kafkans, a monstrous tail that emerged and then submerged.

The Kafkans, Sea Lords of Bastille were escorting their imperial guests to their industrial docks.

Lorcrum and the Gendarme were on the deck of the carrier, enjoying the sweet tune from a record player.

The skylight was setting its final shine.

And they were not alone.

Away from them, on Rojer and his father were standing on the deck, watching for the first time, the Circling Sea of Bastille.