Chapter 6 - Grim Beginnings (I)

PAPER BOY

"¡¡Extra!! ¡¡Extra!! ¡¡Read all about it!!! ¡¡The Usurper Hero loses face!! The Prince of Evenfall gets blasted in the face with acid by angry mob!! ¡¡ Extra!!  ¡¡ Extra!! ¡¡Read all about it!!

The frost evening still ensues, not even the children were bothered by the news, they wrestled on before the mud gets frozen by the near tundra winds coming from the Infinity Mountains closing in downward over Battlement Cliffs.

Their dissent parents told them so; just a distraction by the Phantom Plotters of Kamelung, the soul weavers of the world, masters of the largest slave trade known far and wide in all of the realms.

But the children knew better of their Hero... the Warlock Prince. The mute man who rode lightning off the shores of the treacherous Sorazil, fighting his way back into the once kingdom of Dormgi invaded by the Imperial Armada.

They kept on, hopscotching on runic patterns, which represented the file of ships all lined up like in the tale of Buccaneer Isle.

Marshal Law is in effect... Again.

A skirmish had begun in the Residential Hill, its citizens fleeing from a fire, which spread fast, forcing the rich souls to fall to their doom. The ghoulish shouts never ending until they were shut down by the SABER chapter-men of Blackpool and their imperial collaborators weaving the suspicious ghouls to a new tune of permanent slumber.

The rebels got away again.

CLAYMORE –IMPERIAL-

"One possessed nut case is enough, but one nut case under the control of hundreds souls, if I were the terrorists, I might get creative with this possibility".

Her suspicions were creepily assembling, much to the disagreement of his grizzled colleague.

Reported sight of a possible Haunting, near the western railways of the port city, extremely close to frequent transportation of Imperial and local underworld interests.

Makeshift catacombs from forgotten times, although known to some rebellious eyes.

Again, the Imperial and SABER had thwarted the intent of a bombing against the railways.

Once, the catacombs were filled with bitter and vengeful souls, prying for violence and revenge.

Now, those souls left only phantoms of distant whimpers echoing, retreating.

SILVER JAW –IMPERIAL

"The wells of hell are drying up, soon all of this living land shall be tribute to the Telson Hosts".

Even hidden in plain clothing, they have seen the rascal clad in green, who treaded carefully.

Last spotting of the rascal clad in green, was of him, running away from a mischievous gang of guild hoodlums, called "The Proud Boys of Kamelung".

Claymore boiling in anger, was stunned of Silver Jaw's silent gaze, who was still hearing the xenophobic gossip of those foul customers.

But for Silver Jaw, any information from it is to be vital for future investigations, he was counting the limbs of his fingers, counting the many punches that he was to pull, a head count pending, soon to be unleash.

For Silver Jaw, he saw himself in the Rascal clad in green, running to survive in claustrophobic alleyways of his homeland, the fort city "Sorazil", southward of the fell kingdom Dormgi.