Chapter 7

I was not going to die like this. Being in a Titans mouth filled me with the most wretched disgust I had ever felt in my life. It was hot, humid, and I could smell the stomach acid and dead bodies below. But what could I do to get out of this?

In a sudden movement the Titan swallowed and I lost my footing. This is not the end, I won't surrender to panic. With all the strength I had left while sliding down its throat, I aimed for where the back of its neck would be. Seconds later, the Titan had hit the ground and I stood on its head triumphant and covered in blood.

Flying through the trees and the air back to the carriage, I almost felt... lighter. I landed on the roof of the carriage and hopped back inside to see a very surprised Erwin and a nearly puzzled Levi.

"The theatrics weren't necessary, but regardless I'm impressed. You showed skill and mastery that cannot be taught. Very similarly to Levi in that manner." Erwin said plainly.

Me and Levi stared at each other, once again neither of us backing down. I could feel my heart rate quickening and the heat rushing to my face. I finally broke the silence, "Can I at least get a bath when we get back before you continue my training? Titans are fucking filthy."

Just for a second Levi's eyes showed a level of satisfaction. "Alright. But make it brief, I still have plans for you."
I chuckled lightly.
"What's so funny cadet?"
Erwin shifted in his seat, trying to ignore us while continuing with paperwork.
I looked Levi up and down, "Nothing of interest to you captain."

Levi looked away and threw a handkerchief at me, "Tch. Clean yourself up brat, you're filthy."

As someone who hates being filthy and mess I actually appreciated the gesture. "Thank you, Captain." I smiled at him and his face wouldn't show it, but he was mildly impressed. I scrubbed away at the blood with such precision, even Erwin noticed.

"I see we've welcomed a new clean freak into the Scouts." Erwin couldn't help but chuckle.

"I might even put in extra effort to rise in rank, just so I don't have to spend extra time being filthy." I muttered in distaste.

The carriage came to a halt, signalling we had arrived at headquarters. We were immediately greeted by two younger looking cadets that took our bags, and an older looking one who took the horses. We walked inside and a girl with brown hair and glasses greeted us ecstatically.

"Erwin, Levi you're back! So how did it go with the new Commander?! Is she as beautiful and deadly as they say?!"

Erwin smiled, "F/N L/N, meet Hanji. F/N will be joining us here in the Scouts. I assume we have preparations in place?"

Hanji finally turned to look at me with a huge grin on her face. "Yes! There's a spare room across from Levi's. Oh! And she could help me with my research, I'm sure they have all kinds of infor-"

Levi cut her off, "That's enough shitty glasses, she's not going to be your research assistant until she proves herself."

I scoffed, "On our way here I literally cut up a Titan, and sliced my way out of it's throat."

Levi glared, "I meant proving yourself to me. Everyone else here may welcome you right in, but I don't. You-"

"That is quite enough." Erwin interjected.

Erwin looked deep in thought for a moment and we all waited patiently for what he was going to say. After a long pause of hard thinking he finally decided to speak.

"Hanji, do you have a spare key to Levi's room?" he asked?

She laughed nervously, "I think there are spare keys for every room in the storage facility."

"Would you mind fetching it for me? This is going to be risky in itself, but our duties are risky themselves. Y/N, Levi... you two are going to be roommates. I simply cannot allow two people with as much power and skill as you have to be at odds. I expect you two to learn to work together and respect each other. If I do not see results by the end of this month, there will be repercussions. All I ask is that you don't kill each other and try to learn to cooperate. Do we have an understanding?"

"Yes sir." we said in unison.

Hanji finally returned with the keys and threw them to me, "Ohhhh this should be goooood!" she said in excitement.

"At least someone's excited." I groaned.