You're married...to me

It was 10:00 pm on a Friday night, and Vance stood uncomfortably in a hidden corner of the living room.

The celebration consisted of various people he recognized from North Denver High and other individuals he knew were part of the North Denver baseball team.

It was a get-together at Bruce's house to celebrate the last baseball game of the season, but Bruce was nowhere in sight. Vance could picture the dark-haired boy somewhere in his own home, surrounded by his large group of friends, celebrating his home run.

Vance felt like an idiot. He was no stranger to parties, but this particular celebration was different. It consisted of Bruce's closest friends and the members of the baseball team.

Vance was truly out of place. He had mentioned that to Bruce when the dark-haired boy first invited him, but Bruce assured him that it would be fine if he attended. Everyone knew they had class together, and Bruce even went as far as to invite a few random classmates from school along with Vance's friends so that the blond boy wouldn't feel so out of place.

Vance made eye contact with a girl he didn't recognize. The strawberry blonde girl sent him a flirtatious glance, but he quickly looked away. Although temptation was very present in his everyday life, ever since he and Bruce... Vance only had eyes for him. Vance had never felt what he felt for Bruce for any other guy or girl, and that truly scared him.

The strawberry blonde girl started walking towards him, and Vance felt his eyes roll in annoyance. He wished he could stand next to his friends, but at the moment, Ryan and Jason were too busy trying to talk and laugh with some of the baseball players.

For a moment, it seemed as if everyone belonged at the celebration, with the exception of Vance. He felt so out of place with his long curly hair, vest, blue jeans, and combat boots. He should leave. He truly should leave before anyone else sees him and starts to wonder why he's even there.

"Hey."

Vance turned as he felt the smiling, dark-haired boy discreetly brushing his arm against his.

"I'm really happy you came, Vance."

Vance couldn't help but look away as he felt a smile forming on his lips. Bruce always did that to him. Had him smiling like an idiot over nothing. Vance couldn't help it though. Bruce was his sun in the sky, his pretty boy, the golden boy.

Vance was sure Bruce did that to everyone; he had them smiling for nothing.

"Hey, Bruce." Vance tried to play it cool. He had a reputation to keep, after all. Especially in front of all the wandering eyes. However, as soon as their eyes locked, the soft look in Bruce's eyes made something in Vance's stomach spark with emotions.

But Bruce broke eye contact as soon as his friends, Joshua and Michael, began to call him over.

"Bruce, c'mere!" Michael called him over. "Your mom wants to cut the cake already!" Michael's blue eyes widened for a second at the image of Bruce willingly standing next to Vance Hopper. He nervously fidgeted with a strand of his dirty blond hair as his attention turned to Joshua, who stood next to him, and whispered something in the brunette's ear.

Joshua's blue eyes quickly scanned for Bruce at Michael's request, and he frowned upon making eye contact with Vance.

Vance glared at them, but deep down he feared that they knew. He feared that Joshua and Michael knew by just looking at them together and that the whole school would know by Monday morning. If anyone found out, it would truly be Vance's fault. He knew he didn't belong at the celebration. Anyone who turned in his direction thought that. Vance was sure of it by the way they didn't even spare him a second glance and whispered to each other. Whispered things that Vance couldn't hear and the behavior of others terrified him.