Sacrifice Fly

Jungkook

Thank god I didn't pitch tonight, not only do I have a headache I am stressing out about Jin, knowing that this will most likely end us makes me nauseous, fucking Wesley has ruined my life in every way possible but I can't blame him fully, I left my phone unlocked, I know better. When the game ended I ran to the locker room and checked my phone, nothing from Jin, I try to call and it goes straight to voicemail, "fuck." I look at myself in the mirror, we have a night game tomorrow, I change clothes and call a cab, when I get to the airport I buy a ticket home.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Jin, Jin where are you", I yell running into the apartment. "Hey keep it down, I finally got him to sleep", Jimin says. "Who are you and why are you helping my boyfriend", I say angrily. "I'm Jin's friend and I am here because you are too busy sticking your dick into other things it seems", Jimin says angrily. I glare at him, "you don't know anything, aren't you Jimin Park, you are Jin's teammate." "Yes I was there when he broke down in the middle street after seeing your disgusting pictures", Jimin says with a wrinkled nose. "I didn't do anything, I need to talk to Jin and clear this shit up", I say walking into our bedroom. 

The room was dark so I turned on the lamp on the bed side table, "babe, wake up." I rub his arm while I try to wake him, "go away Jungkook, we are done." He turns over to look at me and his eyes are red and swollen, breaking my heart into a million pieces, "Jin I didn't do anything with that girl I swear, she told me that I couldn't get it up and that I just kept calling your name." "Jungkook, that doesn't make this any better, the fact that you tried with her is bad enough, whether you got hard or not and you were so drunk that you couldn't tell me from a female, just go, I will be moved out before you get home from your road trip", he says sadly. 

"I love you Jin, please don't do this to us, I don't want to be with anyone else but you", I plead. "I don't think I believe that anymore Kook, you have kept me hidden for months now, I have had to sit and hear you talk to your teammates about woman's body parts and how sexy you think they are, It didn't bother me to hide who I was for you because I love you but that you could disrespect me while I did it just proves how truly selfish you are", he says crying, "we need a break Jungkook, you need to get your priorities straight, I know baseball is your life but I wanted to be your life outside of baseball and I cant even be that while standing in a closet." 

Seokjin

I got up and went into the bathroom until Jimin came and told me he left, I sat on the toilet and cried, I have been in love with Jungkook since I was 13, what am I going to do now without him. The next few months are a blur, I have been playing my best baseball and Jimin and I have become closer because I moved in with him after leaving the apartment, I was lucky enough that he needed a roommate. I'm nervous because this weekend we play the Cubs, I will see Jungkook after so many months, he still texts that he misses me and loves me, he sends me flowers and cards, I do miss him so much it hurts, but he needs to prove to me that it's me he really wants.

When I arrive at the Cubs ballpark I find a note taped to my locker...

Dearest Jinnie,

Hi baby, I am over the moon that I get to see you today after so long, I miss you so much. Good Luck today. 🧡

I wad it up and throw it in the garbage then start getting ready, I head out of the locker room to start batting practice and to stretch, I find Jimin doing sprints in the outfield so I run out and join him. "Is it hard that your boy is here", Jimin says gesturing to the batter's box. I turn to see Kook standing there staring at me, "he's pitching today you know." "Great, guess I'll have to remind him which one of us has the bigger bat", I wink. Jimin laughs and jumps on my back as I walk him to the dugout waiting to take our turn to bat.

"Hi Jin", Jungkook says as we walk by. Jimin jumps down, "I'll leave you two alone." "Hey Kook, how have you been", I ask. He leans in and whispers, "miserable, I really miss my boyfriend." Anger burns in my chest because he's still keeping things a secret and because it's his fault that he misses his boyfriend, "hey Jin how have you been, I was disappointed to learn you got a new roommate and left our Jungkook here by himself, don't worry though I keep him company all the time and I even bring him girls so that he isn't lonely." 

Wes has his arm on Jungkook's shoulder looking proud at being such a great friend, "that's good, we all know Jungkook is a real ladies man." I turn and walk into my dugout, I am tired of missing him and I am tired of going back and forth with myself if I should forgive him, I grab my bat and take out my frustrations on baseballs being pitched to me. After we are announced and the National Anthem played we head back to our dugouts to start this 3 game weekend.

Jungkook

It's already the top of the 3rd, the score is still 0-0 and Jin is up to bat, the look of anger and hatred in his eyes is really bothering me, I can't believe I did this to us, I cant believe Wes opened his big mouth, he tried to bring two girls over one night but I told him no and that they had to leave, luckily he left with them so that I could sit on the couch and cry like I have every night since Jin left. I had to step off the mound to gather my myself, I step back up waiting for the sign from the catcher, I nod, set up and release the ball, SMACK!!!

Jin just hit the longest home run I have ever seen, I close my eyes for split second but when I open them I see his smiling face running around the bases and I can't help but to smile a bit.