Line Drive Straight to the Heart

A/N ^^ could the name of this chapter be ANY cheesier 😝😆😂^^

Seokjin

"It's all over the news and newspapers about me calling Jungkook a dirty player, he has yet to say anything to me, I wouldn't blame him for being mad at me, I am on the disabled list for 5 days until the swelling in my ankle goes down, it sucks sitting on the bench watching my team play without me. When I got back to Jimin's that night I had text on my phone from Jungkook,

Jk - Hey, how is your ankle

J - Fine, I am sorry about the headlines, I never meant to say you were a dirty player Kook, they twisted my words.

Jk - I dont care about that babe, I only care that you get better, are you still angry with me

J - I don't know anymore, I should be, you were in bed naked with a naked girl, wouldn't you be mad if that was me

Jk - Are you kidding I would be irate and probably destroy everything around me. Just know that I love you more than anything and nothing happened.

He just doesn't get it does he, the intent was there to cheat, he thinks because he couldn't get it up that it doesn't mean he cheated, my phone pinged again and when I look at the screen, "holy shit." 

?? - Lets meet, 8pm I'll send the address

I change my clothes and get ready to meet an old friend, when I arrive at the bar he was at, he tackles me and almost makes me fall, "fuck Hoba, you almost knocked me down." He laughs while he hugs me, "Jinah I have missed you so much, I can't believe you are a Pro baseball player, that is so awesome." "Yea I finally made it", I laugh. We order some drinks and catch up with each other on the time we have been apart, he tells me that he got married last year and that his wife is expecting, "congrats Hoba that's amazing news."

Hobi has always been touchy feely, male or females he didn't care, that is just how he is, all of our friends were just so used to it that we didn't think twice about it but little did I know that it was going to be a bigger deal than I thought. I said goodbye to Hobi, he gives me a kiss on my cheek and tells me to come by his house one day to meet his wife, I told him I would and we went our separate ways. The next morning I woke up to my phone blowing up and the first text I see is from Jungkook,

Jk - Guess you felt revenge is the best medicine, it work really well, you happy now, it hurts like hell

What the fuck is he talking about, just then my bedroom door flies open and Jimin is there with the newspaper in his hand showing me the headlines...

White Sox rookie phenom outed? Will he walk all the way out of the closet now that he was caught with a man.

underneath the headline I see a picture of Hobi hugging me in the bar and the one of him kissing my cheek, seriously, "is this really happening Chim." "Who is that guy Jin", he asks. "A friend from high school, he lives here in Chicago and saw that I was playing ball here so he reached out, he has a wife and a kid on the way for fuck sake, what am I supposed to do", I say pissed off.

Jungkook

I stare at the pictures, who is that, did they go home together, did he think this would teach me a lesson, he hasn't  even responded to my text yet, "FUCK, FUCK, FUCK." What if they are in bed together and he hasn't checked his phone yet, I feel bile rise into my throat, "I'm so sorry Jin, this shit really hurts, I can't believe I made you feel this way." I hear the knock on my door and when I open it Wes is standing there with the newspaper, "did you know your roommate." I cut him off before he could finish, "NO." 

God I am an asshole, Jin needs support I am to much of a coward to be that for him, "I never would have guessed with a face like that, I thought he would have a girl every night." I was quiet, still in shock and wondering if this will come back on me if Wes tells anyone that he was my roommate, "ah yea I thought so too." I grab my phone and lock myself in the bathroom, I dial Jin's number and when he picks up he sounds annoyed, "what Kook." "Who was that guy, did you do that to hurt me, are you going to out me now as payback", I say talking before thinking. 

He was quiet and that scared me, I overstepped, of course he wouldn't out me, I am acting like I don't know this person, fuck we practically grew up together, "Jin." I look at my screen, he hung up on me, I slide down the door and start to sob, I want to take it all back, everything I just said, the things I did that night that tore us apart, all of it. 

My phone rings and I grab it hoping its Jin but its my agent, "Hey Kook, pretty good huh, I'm glad I had him followed I got some juicy pictures of him and that guy, wait till the commissioner hears about this, he will be kicked out of Major League Baseball before nightfall.  

"You, You did this, you took those pictures and gave them to the newspaper", I ask standing up. "I sure did, now all that dirty player business will be forgotten and the new sports scandal will be front and center", he says proudly. I am livid, I punch the bathroom door, putting a hole thru it, "Gil, you are fucking fired", and I hang up on him. 

"Hey Kook, your boy is on TV", Wes yells from the living room. I run out there and see Jin sitting next to the commissioner and his coach, "we are here today because some pictures were given to the press about our Seokjin and he wants to come forward and give a statement, so I will now give him the floor." 

"Good Afternoon ladies and gentleman, I wanted to speak to you all today about some pictures that were printed this morning in the newspaper, I am speaking out not to cover anything up or tell you stories I think you want to hear, I am talking to you today because my friend, the person in those pictures is innocent in all this and doesn't deserve this, he is a newlywed who's wife is expecting a baby, that is why I won't disclose his name because he doesn't need you vultures swarming around his home and bothering his pregnant wife", he pauses. 

God he looks so brave standing up there, he truly is my everything, my hero and I screwed this up so bad, "I want to apologize to Jungkook Jeon, my words were misconstrued, I have never thought Jungkook was a dirty player, he is an amazing pitcher and an amazing teammate, last but not least, who I hang out with in my personal time is my business, on the field I play ball, in the locker room I talk with my teammates and when I go home, that's when it becomes my business, not yours, Thank you." 

He walked off the stage flanked by security and a couple of his teammates, Jimin being one of them, they seem to really support him and I am glad he has them, I sit next to Wes on the couch, "I have to tell you something, and for right now I want you to keep this just between us."