1

I sat at a table inside the Pokémon Center, finishing my breakfast with Ralts. It was still pretty early, but Alain had told us to go eat. He on the other hand finished getting dressed and then stepped outside. I hadn't seen him since.

He had said he needed to make a call, but it was taking a long time. I hoped he was okay.

I took another sip of my orange juice, only to start coughing when I saw Alain walk up with a celebrity by his side. "Kiada?" Alain said hurrying to my side, and placing a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm... fine." I said, finishing my panic attack. Alain stood up straight and turned to his guest. "Kiada. This is Steven Stone. Steven. This is my fiancée, Kiada Vail."

The Champion of the Hoenn region smiled. "I hadn't realized you were engaged, Alain. You don't wear a ring, though it doesn't look like either of you do."

I looked down, my face heating up. Our engagement was more complicated than that.

"Our Parents set up the engagement when we were young." Alain told Steven.

"I see." The Champion responded.

"Anyway. Are you still headed to Kalos?" Alain asked. My eyes widened and I looked back up. Steven Stone was frowning now.

"Yes. I am. Diantha contacted me a little over two weeks ago to tell me about Anistar Gym Leader, Olympia's most recent vision. Apparently, both Zygarde cores are going to disappear from Kalos, causing the start of a great disaster."

"I've been extremely busy with things here in Hoenn, however, due to constant sightings of Rayquaza, and reports from Sootopolis City that Kyogre is roaming the sea again. So far, Groudon hasn't reawoken, but we're beginning to expect that it will."

"I still don't really have time to go to Kalos, but Diantha gave me another call two days ago, telling me that one of the Zygarde cores is already missing from Terminus Cave. That's why, when you called, I figured I might as well go today."

Alain and I looked at each other. We knew where the missing Zygarde core was. Or rather who it was with. More or less.

I looked down and closed my eyes, only to open them quickly again. My breath catching.

"Do you two know something?" Steven asked in an intrigued tone.

"We..." Alain started. "Ra!" Ralts yelled at me catching everyone's attention. I stared at my partner's fierce expression, still trying to calm my racing heart and mind.

"Kiada? Are you alright?" Alain asked. I couldn't answer him though. Shock and fear had taken me over. When I had closed my eyes, I had somehow begun to sense my surroundings and feel every emotion and thought within the area. It felt like I was about to lose control over some sort of power I knew nothing about. I was terrified.

"Ra!" Ralts said again.  My gaze softened. Hadn't something happened like this before? It wasn't this intense, but when I had battled Alain, I had felt some sort connection with my surroundings that had even allowed me to call out to Ralts through my own emotions.

I hadn't thought much about it, but that's what had happened.

"Ra! Ra ralts!" It shouted at me. I looked at my partner. Did Ralts want to battle? Could that be it? Was a challenge where my partner and I could work as one what I needed right now?

Ralts and I looked at the Champion. "If you can beat Ralts and I in a one-on-one battle, then we'll tell you what we know." I told him. He raised an eyebrow. "I could just have Alain tell me." He said.

I gave him a determined smile. "But he doesn't know what I know."

This time is was Alain's turn to raise an eyebrow. I had told him about the two boys originally, and he was with me when Zygarde had appeared last night. He thought we knew the exact same things, but he was wrong. When I had used whatever power that was just now, I had learned more than I was honestly ready to learn.

Steven gave me a calm smile. "Alright then. I accept."