Special 4

Steven opened the door for me, and I walked into the Professor's lab. Kiada was in my arms, still unconscious. Her Ralts in Steven's arms, in the same state.

A yawn could be heard as the Professor walked out of the hallway. He instantly became alert, however, when he saw us.

"Alain! Steven!" He looked at Kiada with wide eyes. "What's going on?"

"I'll explain later. Can Kiada rest here?" I asked.

"Yes. Of course." The Professor said. "This way. The couch in the other room is the closest."

We followed him, and once there, I placed Kiada down and covered her with a blanket. Steven handed Ralts to Sophie, who went to go treat it's wounds. I wasn't sure it would wake up though. Whatever had happened to Kiada, seemed to be effecting her partner as well.

I brushed a white hair out of Kiada's face, and stood up. Power within her? The Power of Life? Kiada had told me about the Blessing of Eternal Bonds, but she hadn't told me about any other power. Did she know? I got the feeling she didn't.

"How is she?" The Professor asked, as he walked in again. I closed my eyes. "There's been no change." Why was I so useless?

"I see." The Professor said. "She's your Fiancée isn't she? Why are the two of you in Kalos. I thought you said her family was forced to stay in Littleroot for safety reasons."

"Yeah." I responded defeatedly. "We had thought that she was immune to her family's curse, so we were going to travel Hoenn, but I promised her that if she decided that she wanted to follow a path not orchestrated by her Clan, then I would take her away from that confinement. The only problem is, after we ran into two mysterious teens, Kiada collapsed, and she and Ralts haven't woken since."

"I..." "Alain?" My eyes widened and we all turned to see Marin, standing in the doorway.

I hadn't see Marin in a little over two months. She had been extremely upset when I had told her I was leaving for good. That I was betrothed to someone in Hoenn and their family rules wouldn't allow me to leave. Then I told her that this wasn't something she could join me on, and she ran to her room crying. The next morning Marin was gone. I would've gone after her, but the Professor told me that she had decided to continue her journey and it would be best if I left her alone.

Just then a Quilladin walked in behind her. I knew instantly that it was Chespie. If the situation had been better, I would have immediately congratulated them on her partner's evolution, but I was already far to overwhelmed.

Marin's gaze fell upon Kiada, and she quickly hurried over. Chespie following.

"Alain! Is she okay?! She looks really pale! Is she sick?!" Marin questioned. I looked away, feeling even more defeated. "I don't know. I wish I did, but I don't."

"Ralts!" Everyone turned once more to see Ralts standing in front of Sophie, looking extremely determined.

"I don't believe it." Marin said. "That Ralts is pink and blue."

"Ra! Ra ralts!" It shouted, before almost collapsing. We all gasped, but as Sophie tried to pick it up, Ralts used Psychic to stop her from touching it.

The little Psychic and Fairy type then tried to walk forward, only to fall flat on it's face. I realized it was trying to reach Kiada.

Moving from my spot, I approached Ralts and knelt down. "Do you want me to bring you to Kiada?"

Ralts pushed itself up shakily, and looked at me. "Ra." It said much weaker. I nodded and picked it up. Ralts canceled it's Psychic attack, releasing Sophie, and allowed me to carry it to Kiada. I then placed it on her chest.

The little Pokémon sat there for a second, clearly trying to stay conscious, but then stood up.

"Raaaaaa!" It cried, surprising us all. It was then, however, that we saw something unexpected. It began to evolve. As it evolved though, Kiada's body glowed in the same light. It was as if Ralts was absorbing something from Kiada in order to evolve. Almost like an evolution stone.

The light faded, and Kirlia collapsed onto Kiada.