4

My eyes opened, and I sat up quickly. A blue and light pink Kirlia tumbled off me, and I had to quickly catch it before it fell to the floor.

It's eyes opened and we stared at each other, then the shiny Kirlia tackled me with a hug. "Li a!" It said happily.

I was dumbstruck. Had Ralts evolved?

I held Kirlia up and looked at it. "You did evolve." "Kirli." It said, still very happy. Tears began to fill my eyes and I hugged my partner. "Thank goodness you're alright." "Kirli." It said again.

Suddenly I noticed I was laying on a couch in a large living room. Across from me, on another couch, lay Alain. He had bags under his eyes, as if he'd stayed awake for several days and nights. That couldn't be right though, could it?

I got up, still holding Kirlia, and walked over to my Fiancé. He was still in his daily clothes. I was becoming extremely worried now.

I knelt down and placed Kirlia on the ground, then I caressed Alain's face. He looked so pale, and his skin felt cold. He obviously had been neglecting his health.

The Power of Life. The Guardian of Life. That's what Vorce had said. Did that mean I could heal Alain's current condition? My eyes softened, then I leaned forward until our lips met.

Immediately my body pulsed, and I could feel Alain's skin becoming warm again.

I gave it another second, then I ended the kiss and opened my eyes. Alain's own we're open now, and very wide.

I lay my head down on the couch, closing my eyes. "Kiada!" Alain cried. I ended up smiling. "What? No Kia?" His breath caught.

He had called me Kia earlier. The nickname was endearing.

"I'm alright." I told him. "Just tired."

Alain brushed through my hair with his hand. "Thank you for coming back to me. Kia."