The Fallen Knights

When he returns, his view is filled with a sea of knights. "I've only been gone for 4 hours, but their numbers have increased greatly," Winter thought, smirking under his white, skull-like mask. "Now, when does the party begin?" He asks, holding his daggers tightly. Two knights dashed at Winter, their swords ready for an attack, but they weren't quick enough. Before they even or further, Winter had already cut through them with his left [Item: Ultimate Dagger]. In an explosion of armor, Winter stood behind them, his arms extended out to each side of him. With deep, blood-red eyes glowing from the dark eye sockets of his mask, Winter moved on to a larger group of knights. With clean, and smooth strokes of his dagger, Winter cuts through each knight as if they were butter. "This is amazing! This is way more effective than the other options," he thought, seemingly ice skating through crowds of knights, cutting more and more down with each passing moment. "Something seems off. I feel like I forgot something," Winter thought. "I'm killing all of these knights, but I don't feel like I'm gaining experience," he looked around with enough of a clearing. "I was able to level up in the penalty zone by defeating those poisonous centipedes, and even the knight commander gave me experience points," he began to think, "The system said it disabled the health recovery that comes with leveling, but it never removed leveling up itself," Winter thought back and fight the knights approaching him. "The mages haven't attacked me once yet. They've just been sitting back and chanting incantations this entire time," he thought to himself, looking over the knights to see two mages. "These knights are the only ones attacking," Winter continued, whipping the floor with the new knights. "What kind of spells are they casting? Are they casting a curse on me with negative effects? No, I'm immune, and the system would notify me," he added, then it hit him, "OH! They're using summoning spells!" He concluded in a eureka moment. "I forgot!" He added hitting himself in a joking manner. "You're an idiot," Ultima commented, "Please... I worked it out!" He responded. "It's not that hard to find out. Despite how many I kill I don't get exp," he began. "So these aren't normal monsters," Winter explained. "Can't we just kill the mages to get this over with?" Ultima asks. "Might as well," Winter replied, speeding towards a mage. He leaped and threw his right-handed dagger, with incredible speed and accuracy, the mage fell.

~>System<{" [Notice]! You have Defeated a [Mage],"}>it rang<~

                With the head of the mage penetrated by the thrown dagger, its rags fell lifeless on the ground. With its fall the majority of the knights fell to the ground as nothing more than hunks of metal. "They must be summoned monsters that were called by the mages," Winter descended.

~>System<{" The [Player] Has Obtained [Skill: Dagger Toss],"}>it rang<~
~>System<{" The [Skill: Stealth] Has Been [Activated],"}>it rang again, cloaking Winter in a misty, reflective magic<~

                "The quest isn't over just yet! I have to find the remaining mages," he thought, going invisible. He rushed around the dungeon, trying to avoid the knights.

~>System<{" The [Mage] Has Used [Skill: Detection] {x5},"}>it rang<~

                "Thanks to you guys, I've also located where you guys were," he thought, hanging from a pillar, looking down at the mages. The [Item: Ultimate Dagger] Winter threw began to move in the stones, suddenly it was pulled into his palm. "This is useful," Winter thought, using [Commander's Touch]. With it in his palm, he used both to cut down another mage. "Four more left," Winter thought, dashing and speeding past the knights that stood in his way. Using his new skill, Winter reached out and grabbed the mage's head, clenching his hand and crushing their head. "I'll cut you all to bits!" Winter roared, fearlessly dashing into the army of knights. Minutes later, Winter stood on top of a sea of armor. From behind, a knight stabbed his blade into Winter's side. He turned and broke the sword, in the same motion, he lopped the knight's helmet off their shoulders. Painfully, he pulled the bloody blade out from his side, panting. "How long do you plan on hiding?!" Winter asks, pulling a mage to him. Holding the mage by the throat, he cuts through them with ease.

~>System<{" The [Player] Has Defeated a [Mage],"}>it rang<~

                "Just three more mages left!" He thought. Those three mages combined their forces. A magenta, magical spread through the ground, from the sea of armor, and metal a rumble rushed through the dungeon. The armor fused to create one massive golem. "A golem?! C'mon!" He thought as it was standing up. Winter was rapidly getting close to the ceiling, so he dashed off the golem's back and landed on his feet just moments before the golem's back crashed into the ceiling. The golem slammed his hands into the ground, kicking up dust and dirt. Through the clouds, Winter's blood-red eyes glowed. He dashed through the cloud of dirt and ran as quickly as he could to the 3 mages, "they traded damage for defense, this is my chance to end this," he thought, gritting his teeth. With one quick motion, he cuts through the three mages in one go. At the same moment, the golem fell apart, returning to a sea of metal and armor. Winter sighed, "If they hadn't grouped up to summon the golem, it would've taken much longer," he thought. "Is the quest over now, or are more monsters going to pop up?" He asks looking up at the timer

~>System<{" [Time: 4:30:16],"}>it displayed<~
~>System<{" The [Player] Has Defeated [All Monsters] Within [The Testing Room]. The [Job Change Quest] Has Been Completed,"}>it explained with a feminine voice<~
~>System<{" The [Player] is [Qualified] For a [Job Placement] in a [High-Rank Class] Due to The [Promotion Points] The [Player] Has [Acquired],"}>it continued<~

                "Finally!" He sighed, "I'll probably get the assassin class, since I've been using daggers," Winter stretched a little bit.

~>System<{" The [Player] Will be Assigned [The Appropriate Job] Based on an [Analysis] of The [Player]'s Records,"}>it corrected, and continuing<~

                "Assigned? Why can't I choose?" Winter asks, confused. "I focused on investing in my strength and agility stats," he thought, "I'll most likely be assigned to be a fighter, or an assassin," Winter thought, trying to predict his new job. "I could even get a tank class due to my health stats, either one of those three," he thought, "Whichever class I end up with, it'll make me stronger," Winter added, prepared for any answer.

~>System<{" Wherever The [Player] Goes, [Death] Follows. The Smell of Blood Fills The Air, And The [Player] leaves a trail of Corpses in Their Wake,"}>it explained<~

                "Wait, what does that mean?" Winter asks, confused with the direction where the System is going.

~>System<{" The [Player] Also Yearns For [Great Power], And Does Not Rely on The Help of Others. The [Player] Makes His Way in This World,"}>it continued<~

                "Judging from these messages, I think I'm going to be getting the fighter class," he thought.

~>System<{" The [Player]'s Desire to Become Powerful is Strong Enough to [Call Forth] The [Wandering Spirits] Within The [Valley of Death]. An [Army of The Dead] Will Follow Your [Every Command], Single-Handedly Clearing The Path Upon which The [Player] Will Walk,"}>it explained<~

                "An army of the dead?" Winter asks, "Wait... What's going on? Is this going to be my job?" He asks with deep confusion and fear.

~>System<{" The [Player] Has Been Assigned The [Class: Necromancer],"}>it displayed<~