Becoming That Much Stronger

The White Lion Guild stood outside the red portal. "It's already three in the morning," Jonah sighed. "That means a week has already passed inside the dungeon," he added. "How about you retire for the night, sir? We'll stay and stand guard," Jonah offered. "How do you expect me to head home without my daughter, knowing she and my guild members are trapped in a dungeon?" Erik asks, "I'll wait until sunrise," he explained. Just as Erik placed his eyes on the Collapsing Dungeon that began to be revealed. From red, it turns blue. "Huh?" They asked, "The Collapsing Dungeon! The Collapsing Dungeon is opening!" Chul yelled in joy. "The dungeon has been cleared! Our members are exiting the gate!" He added. "Charles! Did Charles manage to pull through?" Erik thought happily, waiting to see Charles. "Ms. Parklin! Mr. Gon, and Mr. Yon! You're back alive!" Chul celebrated. "Mr. Greats, and Ms. Finely!" Jonah yelled. "Ha! Just as I predicted," Jonah added in thought. The portal disappeared as soon as they all left. "Charles, what Happened to James Charles?" Erik asks, "Are the four of you the only survivors?" He added. "Yes, we're the only survivors," Parklin replied, with tears of joy and sorrow in her eyes. Happily, Winter thought about his new addition to his army, he then noticed how tired he was. Constantly killing Ice Bears, and working out. "Just the low ranking Mythics made it back? Only one B-rank, and not a single A-rank?!" Erik asks, taken aback. "What on earth happened in that dungeon?" He asked himself in thought. "Alright. With you safe with your dad, I'll be leaving," Winter explained to the right of Erik. "Excuse me, but could you stay for a moment? I need a word with you," Erik explained, placing a hand on Winter's shoulder after he flinched. "I would love to, but I'm tired at the moment. If there's something you want to know, ask your guild members," Winter replied, moving Erik's hand off his shoulder. "That wasn't a request," Erik thought. "My name is Erik Finley, and I'm the guild master of the White Lion guild," Erik explained, his eyes becoming cat-like. "It was an order, or perhaps even a threat," he thought to himself. "We've just lost nine guild members. Surely I, the Guild Master, have the right to ask you a few questions," Erik replied. "Look pal. I'm tired, and I at least was able to rescue three of your members," Winter replied, half turning around to face him. With a clear sign of tiredness, he did nothing but pear Erik's soul. "Seems I've let out my frustrations on you. You're right. I apologize, Mr. Greats," he lets go of Winter's shoulder. He got into his car, and left. "Ms. Parklin," Erik began. "Yes?" She asks, holding a warm cup of coffee. "What's the matter with him? How did he only save three of you?" Erik asks. "I don't know. He has been awake for God knows how long. Killing Ice Bears, and 'working out'," Parklin explained. "I'm sorry, Mr. Erik. He must have been working really hard to protect these members," Jonah explained. "No. That's not the issue. Why haven't you been able to recruit him yet?" Erik asks. "Pardon?" Jonah asks, taken aback. "He had the guts to speak his mind in front of me! To make someone like him part of our guild, I'd better be prepared to give an arm and a leg," Erik thought. "Hurry up and recruit him," he responded. "Yes, sir. I'll do nothing but focus on that goal," Jonah replied. "I'll give you all the support you need. Bring that man into our guild at all costs," Erik continued. "Understood, sir," he responded.

                Winter was on the road home, thinking. "I'm glad I got both Baruka and his daggers, but was it really worth all of that effort?" He thought. He noticed the time, "Damn... 3:50 am. Mari is going to hate how I'm sleeping at awful hours," Winter thought, laughing to himself as he thought of his secretary, Mari. "I guess I'm going back to raiding instant dungeons," Winter added in thought, turning into his driveway. The next day, Winter was at work, typing away on the computer, signing documents, and filling out papers before the raiding. "Look at you already at work," Mari walked into his office. "Well, I had nothing better to do," Winter replied, looking up from his computer. "You have several raids ahead of you today, sir," she explained, "I'm aware," he replied, finishing his work, and getting up. Within the dungeons, Winter was watching his newly expanded army clear the dungeon, mine the materials, and collect the corpses. "W-who are these guys?!" Mari asks, taken back by the numerous, and powerful Shadow Soldiers. "Oh yeah. This is Mari's first time seeing them," Winter thought to himself. "Let's just say I used one of my skills," he explained. "Y-you have a skill that allows you to summon shadows?!" Mari asks. "It's a long story. But, they're super resourceful. They do all the work for me," Winter explained, "oh," she replied, impressed.

                Further south, Winter Throndsen was at home, officially retired, but he was bitter about it. He was locked up in his office, working out ideas. "I don't have the funds I used to," he stood by his chalkboard, thinking how'd his idea work out. "Dammit... Something isn't right!" He erased the board, and worked away again. "Honey!" Mrs. Throndsen yelled. "You have a visitor. They say they know you," she explained. "Alright," he sat the chalk down, and walked out of his office. The news began to go off in his office, all about the recent Collapsing Dungeon incident. "We heard that while training your new Mythics, a huge accident occurred. Is that true?" One reporter asks, with the camera on Erik. "Is it true that all the high ranking Mythics died, and only the low-ranking Mythics made it back alive?" Asks another reporter. "There's work going around that the survivors received help from someone. Do you care to comment?" A third asks Erik. "The association has already finished their investigation," Erik began with microphones in his face. "Yes, there was an accident, but the only survivors did not have someone come to their rescue," he explained. Winter was watching the same news, sitting in his office, eating lunch. "Come to their rescue? Ha!" He laughed, taking a drink from his water bottle. "Then why are you denying us an interview with the survivors?" They ask, trying to get more information. "I won't take any more questions," Erik replied before walking off-screen. "I feel like they're talking about me," Winter mumbled, taking another bite out of his sandwich.

                At the White Lion Guild building, Erik Sat back in his office chair. "Those damn reporters... They really know how to sniff out a story," he sighed, leaning back. "Sir, Michel would like to speak to you. What would you like me to do?" Asks his secretary, through the phone. "Michel? Put him through," Erik replied. "Hey, Erik. Why's your cell turned off all of a sudden?" Michel asks. "I'm trying to lie low until the reporters stop pestering me," Erik explained, leaning back in his office chair. "Oh, right! The Collapsing Dungeon incident! I just saw it on the news, you know. I'm in Leset right now," Michel explained. "What? You're down at Leset?" Erik asks, "You looked good on camera," Michel added jokingly. "Don't you dare start with me. Your jokes are funny, but It's hard not to snap right now," Erik explained. "Don't worry! Things will die down soon enough. I've actually got more big news for you," Michel began. "Big news?" He asks, unconvinced, knowing him. "I thought you said you were in Leset," Erik added. "Yeah, a week ago, someone from the smaller Wido guilds secretly contacted the Mythical Dungeon Association, so I came over to check things out, and it seems the situation is a lot worse than I expected. Pretty soon, the news will reach Klato too," Michel explained. "Someone from the smaller Wido guilds contacted the Mythical Dungeon Association? For what reason?" Erik asks. "They wanted to speak to someone who had participated in the Kauai Island Raid," Michel replied. "Do you have any more details?" Erik asks in shock.

                "As you know, four years ago, an S-rank dungeon opened up in Kauai. When all research was evacuated, and the search and destroy missions failed, even the government gave up on saving the island. Even to this day, the island is still swarming with ants. You and I nearly died during that raid," Michel explained. "Yeah. It's a nightmare I want to forget," Erik replied. "They suspect a mutation has occurred," Michel continued. "A mutation? What does that have to do with anything? They're stuck on that island. Just leave them alone. They're not our concern anymore," Erik replied, gritting his teeth. "That's about to change. The ants might be capable of migrating to other islands, or even countries," Michel responded. "No," Erik had wide eyes. "They can fly now," Michel warned. "A corpse of an ant with wings was found washed up in the stores of Wido," Michel explained.