chapter two

I was already up early sitting at the kitchen table eating (b/n) while my dad was searching around for something to quickly eat, already rushing to get ready to bring me to school and go to work. My mother was already gone, sending my brother to daycare while she worked her part time job.

"We might be late" I said, throwing my plate in the sink, turning my attention to him while he ran around like a headless chicken.

"I know I need my work hat"

"This?" I ask, pointing over to the chair right where he left his hat yesterday. He took a sigh of relief picking it up. I walked off to my room throwing my bag over my shoulder heading back into the living room where my dad was holding up the keys. I rolled my eyes walking to his truck sitting in the passenger seat laying my head back. He jumped in the driver seat speeding down the road. I was staring out the window noticing a bunch of kids outside a house with a man performing magic tricks. That was sweet. The car came to a halt stopping in front of a big school. There were a few kids standing outside talking to one another and a guy surrounded by baseball players probably talking about another game. I could already feel myself sink into the seat a bit, my heart picking up my mouth starting to dry and my leg already kicking up a bit. My dad noticed running his hand over my head pulling me in close.

"Kid listen to me I promise you this won't be bad" he smiled rubbing my head a little. A few strands of hair fell in front of my face as I sighed smiling a bit. He got out of the car slamming the door shut behind me. I followed right behind clutching my bag a little while looking around. Everyone's eyes were on me, a few whisperings under their breath, some even pointing fingers. Have they never seen a new kid around here? I ignored all wandering eyes once we got in the office. A nice old lady was sitting behind the desk as she asked me questions and everything before handing me a little sheet of paper where all my classes would be. English was the first period.

"Thank you" I mumbled, already walking away as I was walking around the hallways searching for my class. I didn't realize my first big mistake when I bumped into a tall curly hair blonde boy.

"Watch where you're going bitch!" he yelled at me, shoving me out the way. I jumped back clutching my bag more wondering what his fucking issue was before shrugging it off heading to class sitting by a young girl with short black hair and big brown eyes. She noticed me right away and had a small smile on her face.

"Hey, you're the new girl, right?"

"Umm yeah how do you know?"

"Everyone is talking about it" she said. My smile faded away a bit she noticed quickly "don't worry it's not anything bad. My name Donna"

"Hi Donna, I'm (y/n)" I said, holding my hand out to her. She took it in her grasp, shaking my hand before focusing on class. There wasn't much to learn besides how to use words right as I already knew then the bell rang as I was already rushing off to class.

It was almost the end of the school day but now I was stuck in gym class and lucky enough for me today was dodgeball day. Everyone was excited and cheering a bit beside one young boy who was shaking in a corner. Nobody even looked his way. I couldn't help but keep staring towards him before the teacher pointed at me pointing his finger over to one side of the gym.

"(Y/n) get over there you too Griffin!" he yelled out. I nodded my head walking away. The outcast also followed after me until he went back into a corner. The teacher blew his whistle as everyone started throwing dodgeballs. I was mostly standing in the back watching everyone grabbing one of the balls throwing it towards a girl clueless to what was going on. I pick up a few couples left on the ground walking over to the young boy dropping them all over the ground. The boy didn't say a word just looked at me. I shrugged at him walking off back into the game. I don't know why I did it but something deep down was telling me to at least make him feel included

(I feel so bad for Griffin that poor boy gets left out a lot. He deserves more)

I was the second to last one on my team staring down at this guy. He held a smirk throwing the ball into the air for a bit looking over to Griffin with a smirk throwing the ball to him. The boy flinched, kicking a ball out. I took the chance picking up the ball and throwing it over to the boy just for him to catch it. Everyone on my side whined walking off while the others cheered. I sighed heading out the gym to the locker room feeling eyes on me as I took a glance seeing Griffin. I tried to wave at him just for him to look the other way. I walked off into the locker room changing back into my normal outfit overhearing a group of girls talking about some guy named Bruce all of them drooling over him. I grabbed my bag heading out as the bell rang. Finally, my day was over.

I got home after a few minutes silently welcoming me as I threw my bag to the ground walking over to the couch throwing myself over reaching out pulling the silk blanket around me as it wrapped around every aching part of my body while I took the remote turning the channel to some weird kid show that was on. I turned over my side facing the couch closing my eyes to catch up on some needed sleep.