chapter fifty-three

He led me to the dance floor one hand wrapped around mine and the other linked around my waist. All my anxiety flushed in that moment. The music picked up as my feet moved on their own following Bruce's lead. He then took his arm away from my waist taking my hand spinning me around as I giggle. the end of my dress picking up the air spinning around with me. He pulled me back into his grasp as we kept dancing around ignoring everyone around us that were starting to look at us, mostly the girls slightly raging in jealousy.

"Can you do that spin thing again?" I asked in excitement swaying to the music.

"Of course, ma'am" he said, taking my hand again, spinning me around. I went into a fit of excitement till I got tangled up tripping over my feet almost falling as Bruce caught me before I hit the ground. "Are you okay?"

"Of course, this is amazing" I said, getting back on my feet. By the end of the dance, I was exhausted making my way to the cafeteria holding Bruce's hand. Once we walked in, I took a seat at one of the tables while Bruce grabbed two solo red cups filling them up with water handing me one. "Thank you"

"You're welcome" he said, taking a sip from his cup.

"How did you learn to dance like that?" I asked, leaning against the table folding in my arms.

"Oh, my mother taught me some and my sis loved to dance but I also wanted to be kind and to let your first Halloween school dance to be great" he said flashing me another one of his heart warming smile. I could feel my face grow with a bit of heat as I set down my cup looking up at him.

"Really?"

"Yes"

"But what about the other girls?"

"Well, they all seem nice and pretty, but I hate the attention they give"

"Like the unwanted stares?"

"Yes"

"Well Bruce you're a popular guy who is very nice and treats women with respect. Tell me what other kid in this school is popular, very nice and treats women with respect?"

"Um"

"See? Those are the reasons girls have their eyes glued to you but doesn't mean it makes them right someday though they might all just move on"

"I hope so it gets awkward trying to be nice around them when I want to run away" he said, chuckling a bit as I shook my head holding back a grin while taking the cup drinking the rest of the water down.

"Are we going to go back and dance again?"

"If you wish" he said, getting up, taking both our cups, throwing them in the trash holding his arm out as I hooked my arm around him.

"Let's find the others first, I haven't seen them for a while, and it is strange without having the group" I said walking next to Bruce with our arms still linked as he nodded his head leading me back to the gym.

It didn't take long before finding the others as Griffin jumped up running to me giving me a slight hug while walking behind me trying to avoid wandering eyes. I could tell his heart was just racing with the crowd. Vance didn't look happy either, just wanting to leave but was still sitting there tolerating it all. We all decided it was time to go to Vance house for the movie night as Finn and Bruce told their younger sisters to stick together for the rest of the night before we left.

Once we got there, I was quick to get on the couch stealing it from the rest of the boys as Vance took a space sense it was his house. Bruce took a spot on the floor with Griffin, Robin, and Finn while Billy took a spot between Vance and me. We all were debating on a horror movie to watch as of course Texas chainsaw massacre was requested, then the exorcist, jaws, Halloween etc. We all couldn't decide on just one horror movie so we agreed to just watch all.

We were in the middle of watching Carrie, something that I wanted to watch, even if most of it was strange at some parts. I let a yawn escape my lips as I laid my head on Billy's shoulder slightly closing my eyes.  even if I wished to fall asleep, I would be dead by morning if I didn't get back home so I tried to keep myself awake when we heard a loud knock outside. Vance let out a groan shutting the tv off walking off for a minute to return back with that scary mask from the store.

"Vance what are you doing?" Bruce questioned turning his head away from the tv. Vance didn't answer his question opening the door quickly yelling out scaring the trick or treaters away as they ran off.

"Vance that was just cruel" 

"What? it's a trick right trick or treat I pick trick"

"You really are evil" Griffin said pushing back into the couch hiding away from Vance growing glare. he set the mask down making his way back to the couch turning the tv on as we kept watching. I couldn't stay awake for long though as I asked Billy if we could go sense I didn't want to be walking around alone at night. we got up off the couch saying goodbye to the other as we made our way back to my house. the night was colder than usual as I was rubbing my arms trying to keep them a little warm. Billy noticed taking his jersey jacket wrapping it around me.

"Thanks Billy"

"You're welcome"

once we got to the front door, I took the jersey off handing it back to him as I whisper a goodbye opening the front door making my way inside closing the door behind. I tip toe my way back to my room to not disturb the silent but once I was in my room, I quickly took the dress off searching around for a pair of comfortable Pj. I jumped on the bed pulling the blanket over trapping the warmth as I let a sigh of relief closing my eyes. this was the best Halloween night every.