chapter ninety-two

I wished Christmas break could last forever but sadly things must come to an end when I was woken up harshly by my mother with her booming voice telling me to get up and ready for school as I took my pillow and threw it at the door just as she closed it. I got up on my feet throwing the covers back, picking the pillow off the floor, throwing it back onto my bed while my mind was slowly waking up getting back on schedule as I looked through my closet searching around for my favorite pair of jeans and a random shirt throwing them over my chair before walking into the bathroom grabbing my hair brush getting rid of bed hair as I did the rest of my morning routine rushing back into my room changing out my pj as I heard my door creak open while my brother crawled on the floor to me reaching his hands up for attention. I gave him warm smile before crouching down picking him up off his legs setting him next to my hip as I walked around my room grabbing Donna and Michael gift while kicking a couple of dirty clothes under my bed so my mother wouldn't raise her voice at me, and I could just put my clothes in the washer later if I didn't forget. When I got out to the living room, I noticed my mother looking around the living room.

"Mother, what are you looking for?"

"Your brother's stuffed animal dog. his daycare having some party"

"Aww no fair" I said walking around to help search as I walked into my brother room looking in the bins of toys as my brother tug of shirt pointing out to the corner of his room where the stuffed animal was hiding as I looked at him raising my eyebrow a bit as he clapped his hand giggling a bit. Weird child. I got down picking it up walking out to the living room shaking the stuffed animal a bit as my mother stared blankly at me.

"And where did you find that?"

"His room as always" I said with a smirk kissing the top of my brother head before handing him the stuffed animal setting him down on the ground while I set down gift bags on the table next to my bag before walking into my room grabbing the bracelet Vance gifted me pulling it over my arm checking it out a bit.

"Come on (y/n) we need to go!" my mother shouted.

"Coming!" I yelled back, running out my room, closing the door, making my way to the kitchen, picking up the jersey jacket, putting it over me then grabbing my bag and the gifts rushing out the door to the car.

When I got to school Donna had greeted me by the door with a gasp as she quickly caught sight of jersey taking my hand pulling me over to my locker.

"Is that Billy???"

"Yeah he gave it to me as a christmas gift because I noticed it before and wanted to steal it"

"Aww that's sweet of him"

"Yeah" I said with a smile, opening my locker grabbing a few things out my bag setting them in my locker as I took Donna gift handing it over to her "merry late christmas"

She quickly looked through the page pulling out a book of some romance that I thought she might like and some makeup as she smiled with gleam giving me a tight hug as I kept stuffing my locker full of stuff I didn't need as I took michael gift throwing it in my locker slamming it shut.

"Who's that gift for?"

"For michael but I'm not even sure if he's going to show up today"

"How come?"

"Might still be on vacation...at least I hope so" I said mumbling the last part as we both walked off to first period picking up our books to read. a few minutes later when everyone had gotten to class and the teacher was starting class the door opened as Michael came walking in. I quickly turned my attention to him noticing he was wearing a turtleneck with some black jeans as his hair had grown out longer looking like he just rolled out a bed and his eyes grown dull. Donna was also staring at him as we both looked at each other before looking away as he walked to the back taking a seat near me without saying a word. the teacher went back to her lesson as I took out a scratch piece of paper picking up my pencil. are you okay? I wrote before crumpling up the paper tossing it over to Michael as he caught it looking over to me unraveling the paper reading it over before taking his pencil writing down something handing me it back to me. I'm okay, could you meet me up in the library next period? I want to be honest with you. I just looked up at him nodding my head paying attention in class once again before the bell rang as I stood back waiting as Michael picked up his bag motion me with one finger to follow him as I grab my bag following him to the library as we took a seat in the back away from the few little people that were spilling in and out as I took a chair setting my bag down looking across from Michael who eyes never left mine now.

"Before you tell me the story of your past, I need to know why you lied to me?"

"I-I was worried you would judge me and hate me for its"

"Okay...well you have all my attention now"

"In the beginning of my life all I really knew was my mother, my father wasn't around because I told you he left for his dream job I tried asking my mother about him and all she remembered was that he always liked to play tricks with her when they were dating and how he was always alone beside his younger brother who always got under his skin before my mother talk to him. I never had a sister I just wanted to say because of the normal nuclear family like yours. the dogs are well true, and I did live in New York, but I fucking hated it I was always alone because people though I was weird. thankful though grandma was sick that part of the story was true so when I moved here, and you started talking to me it reminds me of my mother and father, so I got a bit nervous and made up the whole lie hoping it would make me forget about the past but also so you would like me" he said looking down at the table as I leaned back in my seat rubbing my hands a bit staying in silent.

"Michael" I suddenly spoke as he looked up at me "I'm not happy about the lie and I'm glad you told me, and you still will be a good friend to me so don't worry about it"

I reached out my hand taking his in mine as I held it for a second before pulling away.

"You know I never judge anyone home or lifestyle. I just care about their personality" I said with a slight smile catching a glimpse of a smile back. I got back up to my feet picking up my bag "I'll see you later when you get the chance though stop by my locker before school end"

"okay" he said as I took off quickly to math class sneaking in taking a seat next to Robin who gave me a slight stern look as I shoved him playful grabbing my textbook following along.