chapter thirty

When I had gotten the call from Gwen that Finn was now missing. I shut down completely, staying in my room crying for a few hours refusing to get out of bed. I have lost almost everyone now. The cops came by my house to question both about Finn and Robin as I told them all I could. I also went more often to Gwen's home staying the night hoping she would have dreams as she kept praying to Jesus's begging for any hope. The only close she got so far was mentioned a brick house and a tree. I kept stopping by the police station searching for any updates, just another name on the list of missing kids.

I was over at Gwen house as we were both outside getting ready to go on another search for this strange looking tree.

"Have you told the detective yet about any hints?" I ask pulling my hoodie over jumping on my bike.

"Not yet, I'm hoping to find the place first" she said, jumping on her bike taking off. I took off after her as we went down separate streets looking around then we went down another after another we couldn't find anything.

"Have you told your dad yet?" I ask catching up next to Gwen's side as we ride down to the grab and go to take a break.

"No but I might tell him"

"I know your dad is scary but I think you should maybe he could help" I said getting off my bike walking into the store pulling out some of my pocket money I still had left. She nodded her head agreeing with me walking to the back grabbing herself a coca cola. I grab myself a (s/n) walking to the worker paying for our drinks. Some kids were whispering nearby pointing to me as I rolled my eyes. A rumor had spread around that I was involved with the kidnapping because I was friends with most of the others beside Bruce and Vance. Donna and some of her friends didn't believe the rumor nor did Gwen as she went to threaten the people who started it but it still spread like wildfire making me now the center of attention. Gwen was staring daggers at the kids as they all rushed off out the store.

"Thanks but it isn't going to change their mind" I said grabbing my soda popping the top off taking a sip.

"I know but there fucking idiots" she said taking her soda. I rub her head walking out the store. I didn't really care what anyone else thought. I was just more in my own world of worries and sadness.

"Gwen I'm not too worried about the rumor I'm more worried about my friends"

"Yeah, I hope we can find them" she mumbled sitting on the curb taking a sip of her own drink. I was leaning against the door still drinking my soda when I noticed a black van slowly driving by looking at us. My gut started kicking in as I felt uneasy looking at the van.

"Hey Gwen can we go back to your place?"

"Yeah" she said, noticing the van too as we got back on our bikes riding to her place. When we walked inside I was hit with the smell of alcohol lingering around the house and her dad passed out in the chair with a bottle in hand that was nearly empty.

"He's been drinking more"

"Mhm" she whispered, walking over to her dad picking up a few of the vodka bottles. I took a couple of beer cans sneaking to the kitchen, throwing them in the trash. Once we cleaned up a few of the empty bottles we went back into her room as she opened her little dollhouse pulling out a cross, a green holy bible book, a picture, a carving of a fish with the word Jesus and a necklace.

"Is this how you get the dreams?"

"Yeah, I talk to Jesus and sometimes he gives me these dreams, but I don't do it a lot because of" she motioned out the door as I knew she meant by her father. The last time I came to her house was when she had called me when her dad had beaten her because of the dreams as I let her cry in my arms for a bit until Finn was back from the grab and go giving her a pile of snacks. I was looking out the door while Gwen was praying a bit asking Jesus for another clue when I noticed her dad getting up. I tapped her on the shoulder as a warning just as her dad walked in.

"Gwen what are you doing?" he asks, slurring his words a little.

"She was showing me her cool dollhouse" I quickly said "but she had to move these along with other things"

I don't know why that was just the first lie that popped in my head that seemed believable as his eyes shifted from me to Gwen. I could feel an unwelcoming feeling as he walked down the hallway slamming a door shut.

"Thanks (y/n) I think he believed it"

"Maybe, tell me tomorrow if you have another dream, I got to go home early so that I can pick my brother up from daycare, but I am also terrified of your dad"

"I don't blame you, I'll see you tomorrow" she got up giving me a quick hug as I embraced her, staying like that for a minute before pulling away.

I got back on my bike riding down the street enjoying the cold fall season watching some leaves fall when I noticed that the same black van stopped in front of me as a man in black sunglass, clown makeup wearing a suit walked out. I pulled on the brakes stopping just a few feet away from him as I noticed he was the same man I met from my brother daycare that performed that act. I took him as a creep as I was going to move out his way. He took a step right in my path stopping me again.

"What the fuck do you want?" I ask jumping off my bike growing pissed walking up to him.

"Want to see a magic trick?"

"No, I want you to get the fuck away from me!" I yelled out turning on my feet when I noticed in the van was a pile of black balloons. The piece clicked together as I kept my eye on him walking back to my bike. Nobody was around but Gwen house wasn't far from here as I took one more look back at him waiting for the chance to run. He must have caught on to what I was doing as he ran right at me. I took off quickly leaving my bike behind knowing I would have time. "HELP!"

I wasn't fast enough though as the man caught up wrapping his hand around my mouth pulling me back into his grasp. I started kicking and fighting, reaching into my pocket pulling out the switchblade Vance had given to me. I slashed it across the man's arm as he yelled out in pain but didn't let go. I kept trying to fight the man away, slashing his arm again as the man finally had enough and just thrown me on the ground. My head hit the concrete as everything turned black.

Grabber Pov

This is why I don't kidnap girls too smart for their own good. But my plan is now complete. I laid my hand under her head checking the wound, nothing too bad but it was already bleeding like a bitch. She was still breathing, thankful. I laid my other hand under her legs picking her up, setting her in the back of my van quickly getting into the driver seat.

I looked around the house making sure my stupid drug snorting brother wasn't around as I went back into the van picking the girl up looking her up and down for a minute pushing back strands of hair from her face before bringing her in the house step by step walking down the basement peaking the door open a bit finding all the boys passed out. Little bits of egg left on the plate. Good the drug work. I set her down on the floor looking between all seven of them before turning back, locking the door behind.