The Promotion

Never meet your heroes.

It's an age old saying, but straight to the point. As it should be. In a world of sugarcoating and social media, it's nice that honest statements like this still exist to keep us sane.

Anddd, now I already sound like I'm a hundred years old...

We don't have to dive into the specifics, yet. It's fine if you don't believe me. A hero has many jobs and 'saving' is only a very small part of it, believe it or not. They're also meant to be teachers. Doctors. 'Friends.' And most of all...

Actors.

Ah. I'm already getting ahead of myself though.

Just trust that I know what I'm talking about. You'll see.

Enough about that though. Let's skip thirty chapters of slow burn and get right to the exciting stuff...

So, anyways, where was I? Oh yeah—the air was hot and heavy from the scene before me, intense enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Pulsing desire. Tangled tongues. Bare skin. If someone doesn't move this moment along soon, it's gonna get real messy in here.

"Make a move already." I murmured under my breath impatiently, feeling the palms of my hands starting to sweat. "I can't wait any longer to feel you."

His red hair sparkled in the moonlight, rippling muscles tensing against his skin like a beautiful painting. The blue in his eyes glowed deeper than the ocean behind us. With a growl, he walked over and...

And....

"And....hmmm..." My voice echoed throughout my empty apartment, interrupting the sexy imagery going on in my head.

I stared at the white pages of my laptop in thought, groaning slightly at the writing inspiration that just flickered out of me like a candle.

No. Come on. This is an important part of the story. I can't mess it up...

I take my smutty fanfictions very seriously after all.

Of all the parts, I didn't think this part would be hard. The main character's a misunderstood, stubborn redhead with daddy issues and a scar on his face. How much hotter can he get?

I just don't have any inspiration when it comes to writing attraction. Romance is dead. But, it's also overrated, so whatever, right?

Oh well, I'll just throw in some random uses of the word 'cock' and have him call her a 'good girl' or something. The hoes will love it either way.

It's me. I'm 'hoes.'

My fingers clacked back onto the keyboard, watching the obscene filth pour out of me like lava now.

However, the dreaded ding of my phone didn't allow me to get very far, blowing a stray hair out of my vision line to look at the notification on the screen.

Text Message From: work

Thought you'd be getting to work an hour early to rehearse your presentation. A promotion is on the line after all.
7:34am.

Why do we have to live in a world where work is more important than writing smut? Can't we all just be horny and happy?

"Ahh. Promotion." I dismissed the message on my phone, mistaking my horniness for confidence. "Please. I've already got that promotion in the bag."