New Lesson Plan

A/N: votes, comments, and shares are appreciated.

Did anyone see season 7 trailer? It looks epic

*

Lani POV:

It's ridiculous. I know.

But, I just don't understand what he's thinking. I never do, and it's frustrating...

Exhaling a heavy sigh, I drummed my black painted nails against the desk as I waited for my boss to show up to our meeting. I should be thinking about work, I should be thinking about how my job is on the line every single time my boss, Yuna, and I have these meetings. I should be mentally recounting my progress with Shouto, and his Instagram, and popularity stats, and....

And.....and, I know it's not right of me to give him the cold shoulder for such stupid things, alright? His ex-girlfriend texting him...and Ella texting him....it's not my business how he chooses to spend his free time—at least, it shouldn't be. Especially considering everything that I'm involved in—all things he and his little hero posse are apparently trying to figure out. God, I should stay far away from him. I should keep a healthy distance. And yet...

It's been an hour since we parted ways, and I find myself tapping the home screen of my phone every few minutes, wondering if I'll see another message from him.

No new messages.

Ugh. And there shouldn't be. There aren't any new developments with work. So...there's no reason to text each other. There's absolutely no reason to talk to him right now if I look at it from a professional standpoint.

So, why am I navigating to his name and number, with my fingers typing away....

Text Message To: Shouto
Thanks for grabbing lunch with me and letting me get your measurements for the tux. I liked seeing you today.
3:52pm.

I put my phone away, not expecting him to text me back. He always says he's not a big texter, and while I haven't really experienced that from him, I know I probably could at any time-

Ding!

Text Message From: Shouto
You did?
3:52pm.

I smiled softly, practically able to hear his blunt, clueless response through the words.

Text Message To: Shouto
Yep. I like seeing you everyday. Helps that you're nice to look at ;)
3:55pm.

Text Message From: Shouto
You're nice to look at, too.

Good luck in your meeting. I'm thinking about it right now.

Text Message To: Shouto
You're thinking about my meeting? That's sweet.

Text Message From: Shouto
I'm actually thinking about you.

But, you're in the meeting. So, I guess that technically means I am thinking about your meeting...?

I blew a soft breath past my lips, scanning the contents of his messages one too many times.

Oh, Shouto. So cluelessly honest. I know him well enough to know he wasn't even trying to be smooth by saying he was thinking about me. But, that only makes it sound that much more intimate. Because he never lies, so I know it's true. He doesn't even realize that a statement like that is enough to stir my stomach with butterflies.