Famous

A/N- Ahahahha apparently the first task took place in the afternoon and not in the morning (woops). Too lazy to change it now so please excuse the slight change in cannon. Also realized I wrote "wandless magic" in the last chapter even though it literally says Draco had his wand out. Woops, meant to write "wordless." I'll change that eventually. Now on with the chapter.

November 24th; the Hogwarts grounds were swarming with life. The sky was a bleary gray curtain blocking the sun's warm rays from reaching all the excited students hurrying around the castle. But matters of weather held no importance to anyone today. It was the first task that gripped their interests like a child clutching at a balloon for fear of losing their entertainment.

The day was like no other. Some would say the energy surrounding the school was similar to the quidditch games of previous years. Yet such excitement was rare even amongst the most exhilarating of matches. Students weren't scarfing down their breakfast to leave the great hall early in hopes of obtaining prime seats for quidditch. Teachers weren't struggling to maintain peace for a measly school quidditch match. Hell, even Filch wasn't sneaking past a hoard of students descending the hill to the quidditch pitch just to watch quidditch.

No. This was far more than just a game of quidditch. Today was the first task.

Fred and George had woken up early just to begin their nasty little money-making scheme. Ron was tapping his foot in worry for his frenemy as he fought off his sudden loss of appetite with a piece of toast. Hermione was scolding Ron for "eating at a time like this" as she bit on her thumb nervously. Harry and Cedric had already begun traversing down the hill to change into gear.

In fact, much of the castle quickly emptied out as witches and wizards realized the approaching hour and paraded out of the grand doors, down the bumpy hill.

But we seem to be missing someone of importance. Others seemed to notice it too. How could the twins be without their third stooge? How could Hermione and Ron bear to walk down the trail without their favorite troublemaker? Now we must ask, where is our protagonist?

Asleep.

Yes, Y/N L/N was sleeping in yet again.

But not to worry, Y/N would not be missing the first task, for minutes after the largest group of students finished filing into the pitch, the young lady came tumbling down the mountain. Luckily for Y/N and the student body, most students had already gone on their merry way and were out of the danger zone. Had they not, screams of terror from the rampage that was Y/N L/N would have echoed across the valley. Naturally, that was the worst case scenario.

Two hands flew wildly into the air as Y/N tried her best to fix her mop of hair to the best of her ability. All that effort was for naught as her hair was still as knotted as a dwarf's beard by the time she was nearly at the pitch.

A yelp of surprise escaped the girl's lips as she hurtled into an unknown person and lost her footing, nearly tearing a chunk of her hair in the process. A pair of sturdy hands held onto Y/N's shoulders to steady her. E/C eyes lit up with recognization once they gazed upon a scalp of vaguely familiar curls. "Oh, it's you! Uh, Xander right?"

"Yeah, we seem to be forming a habit of bumping into each other," he jested with a voice as smooth as honey. "I'm glad you remember my name."

Y/N pulled out a concerning amount of stray hairs from her scalp which she quickly tossed to the side. Maybe the Snape stress was getting to her. Hopefully, Xander hadn't seen her nearly go bald and then discard the evidence somewhere in the grass. Y/N didn't have any words to say to the Durmstrang boy. Honestly, she was surprised she even remembered the lad's name. "I-uh, well, see, well you know, I suppose we had a memorable meeting. Anyhow, I've got to go now," she said, eyes darting back between the champions' tent and the pitch.