World Cup Pt.2

Malfoy was right about one thing. Their seats were in the highest row possible, but that was the best part. They saw everything, heard everything, and loved every moment of it. The twinkling lights, the fireworks, the screaming. It was bliss even for a typical introvert like Y/N.

The girl eventually joined the crowd with her own whoops and cheers. No one had ever witnessed Y/N this loud before, but they couldn't blame her. The excitement was just infectious and she loved every second of it. The entire match was spent leaning over the railing to get a closer look at the tiny figures zooming by. The twins' yelling and pointing really helped Y/N focus on which players to watch through the whirlwind of speeding brooms. Eventually, she settled on observing the Irish chaser, whom Fred dubbed, Moran.

The match was wonderful as expected. So wonderful that it seemed to end in the blink of an eye, leaving nothing but cold, wind bitten skin in its wake. And of course, the memories that accompanied the match were filled with chants and flashing lights.

Ron wouldn't stop gushing about the Bulgarian Seeker, Viktor Krum, the entire walk down the stairs. Y/N had the unfortunate luck of being stuck behind "Krum's biggest fan", who kept turning around every once in a while to check if she was still listening. The girl didn't have the heart to shoot down his yammering; although she really wanted to.

She pulled a strained smile after Ron checked in with her for the tenth time that night just to talk about how majestic of a flyer Krum was. Once Ron retreated to watch where he was stepping, she too pivoted to talk to Harry, who had been behind her. "Care to switch? I'm not equipped to talk Quidditch with Ron," Y/N asked quietly, making sure that the redhead could not hear.

"Yeah, sure..Um.." Harry replied whilst staring at the girl.

"What?" she asked, eyebrows crinkled.

"You've got a bit of-" He paused to pick something off the very top of her head, "confetti."

"Oh thanks, um...Go on ahead," she said. Rigidly, she moved to press her back into the railing so that Harry could pass through in the narrow space. The boy gulped and squeezed past Y/N in a bit of an awkward moment.

It was really hard for them not to think of it as anything but awkward. What with so little space between the two, and the fact that neither teen would make eye contact with the other. Sure, they had been close before, hiding under Harry's invisibility cloak in the dark, but never face to face.

"Well...um...Suppose we should catch up then," she suggested.

"Yeah," he replied, still staring dumbly at her.

~

This act was probably one of the most dimwitted things Y/N had ever seen the twins do, and that was saying a lot. As soon as they arrived back into the tent, the twins were flitting about their younger brother and singing in a pitch that she could never have guessed was within their vocal range. The girl did eventually settle down next to Hermione and even tapped along to whatever tune they were chirping. It certainly masked away the loud scuffle that sounded from outside the tent.

"There's no one like Krum!" Ron declared, stepping up to defy his Irish-loving brothers.

"Krum?!" Fred mocked. "Dumb Krum!"

"He's like a bird, the way he rides the wind," Ron maintained.

Ron's poetically lovesick statement triggered the boys' "Dimwit mode." Sadly, this mode consisted of flapping their long arms ridiculously and swarming around their younger brother, chanting "Krum, Krum, Krum!" over and over again. Y/N and Hermione simply watched the amusing yet absurd scene as if they were spectating a comedy during the sixteenth century.