"Boys are Stupid"

The amount of begging that Y/N had to do just to stay at the Weasley household during the last week of break was atrocious. Her parents may have let it slide the first summer, but that was when both adults were far too busy with their work to allow their young daughter home alone. Naturally, having her under adult supervision at all that summer was a blessing.

This time around, her mother wasn't as willing to let her daughter live within a fifty foot proximity to the twins. Especially not when F/N had been told by his wizard chums of two notorious Weasleys with a penchant for trouble. Naturally, however, her father backtracked when she brought up one extremely famous Harry Potter. When she convinced her father at the start of the summer, Y/N wasn't even sure if her best friend would also be joining her at the Weasley's over the summer. But luckily, she predicted the stay wonderfully, so it technically wasn't a lie.

As for Mrs. L/N; Y/N got extremely lucky that her family had decided to embrace her mother's muggle lifestyle rather than her father's wizarding ways. If not, she wouldn't have ended up living a mere three blocks away from her best friend, Hermione Granger. You know: The one and only Hermione Granger who was an exceptionally smart and good girl even by her mother's standards.

Now, Y/N found herself sprawled out on Fred's bed, watching the twins avidly discuss inventions on the floor. Before she arrived, her mother made her promise to stick to the good influences( Hermione and Harry) and stay away from the bad influences (Fred and George). But she was friends with Harry, Ron, and Hermione. So did rules ever apply to her in the first place?

Sure, she spent most of her few days locked up in the twins' room, helping them plot ideas for their joke shop, but she also spent a decent amount of time sleeping in the room she shared with Ginny and Hermione. If twelve hours of sleep near good influences didn't soak into her system, then nothing else would. Besides, she also spent time in Ron's room, playing wizard chess against Harry and beating him at it so the influence level balanced out.

"You going to say anything over there or not?" George's voice interrupted.

"No," she chirped and continued kicking her feet in the air. "I've got horrible ideas. We all know it'll just lead to some type of exploding product."

"That's a great idea!" Fred said.

"Oh dear. Don't give me credit for that. I don't want to be responsible for that property damage."

"Don't worry Y/N. We'll write your name all over the packaging so everyone knows," George said.

Y/N flung a pillow at the boy, which he dodged effortlessly. All that quidditch training had to have come in hand eventually. Unfortunately, Y/N didn't possess that type of training and got a face full of cushion in return. She scrunched her nose up at the boy, but tucked the pillow under her arms to ensure her safety against any other possible attacks.

"We're going to need something that girls like. Only the boys really play tricks at Hogwarts," Fred suggested.

"And Y/N," George added, eyes shifting to look at her.

"Not by choice," she retorted even though she didn't entirely mean it. The girl did like sneaking around with the twins in the castle, but she didn't like being woken up at midnight to do it.

"But you're so good at sneaking in and out of places. Who else would we have plant dung bombs around school?" George continued, standing up to sit on his bed. Fred followed suit but had to nudge Y/N to the side to make space for himself on his own bed.

George was completely right though. Y/N was exceptionally talented at staying hidden. In fact, the only reason she'd been caught sneaking into the kitchen her second year was because of their marauder's map. If not for the dumb parchment, her weekly kitchen raids would've continued to go unnoticed. But also meant that the twins never would've offered to walk her back to the common room, or "adopted" her as their apprentice troublemaker. But she also had the unleashing of the chamber of secrets to blame for that.