Chapter 19

Chapter 19

On Friday morning, Jane was in a hurry. Richie had been amazed, when he came to her room, to find her already up and ready for breakfast. It was the first time in a while, almost a year, that she seemed to have slept well.
Once again, he felt like he was just a spectator of his sister's life, and he wondered when he had gone from the main character to a simple neighbor who was greeted by a nod when you take out the trash or when you go to get the mail.
He was going to make that change. Let everything go back to normal.

For the most part, Jane had no idea of ​​her brother's moods, to be precise, since the day before she hadn't been concerned about much.
She had only Henry in mind, Henry and everything that had happened during the tutoring.
When she hugged him, he hugged her as well, as if he didn't want to see her go, he reassured her and explained to her that he could never hate her. He laughed as he explained that he was sure it was she who hated him, and that she would never want to see him again.
They had had a normal class, except Henry had taken Jane's hand at the beginning, and hadn't let go for the hour.
When it came time to leave, he had kissed her again.

She felt herself blush, just at the thought of the boy's lips on hers, and a wave of heat rising in her stomach.
Jane realizes, with surprise, that what she felt for Henry was something that had been deep inside her for a long time, and that had been built up, stronger and more powerful.
She wasn't sure when it started, or how, but now she knew she was in love with Henry Bowers.
She couldn't tell anyone about it. Stan and Beverly, even though they were supporting her, had suffered too much because of him. Her brother would make a scene for her, and no one tells their father about their first love.

"Tell me what's going on, Jane. Stan had pulled him over in a hallway, "I have a bad feeling, and I would like you to reassure me. "

"I don't understand what you're talking about, Stan, nothing's going on."

She continued to walk in the hallway, which was gradually emptying, students going to class.

He grabbed her by the shoulder and turned her gently so that he could face her. He was in front of his room and he wanted to finish this discussion with the young girl before going to class.

"You were supposed to see him last night, and suddenly everything is better in your life. "

She sighed, "What do you want me to tell you, Stan? "

"The truth is, you told me you weren't going to lie to me last time, and you keep hiding things from me. "

He didn't seem really angry, more upset that she didn't tell him everything, as she had promised him several months before.

"We talked to each other, and we sorted out our problems. "

" What does that mean ? Are you dating him? "

He had dropped it like, like a bomb, with a harsher tone than he wanted to.
Jane looked down. She knew perfectly well what Stan thought of the situation, and of Henry, and she felt like she had betrayed him.

" I... "

" I knew it. Everything was going to end badly, it was obvious from the start. He put his hand on the girl's shoulder, and looked her in the eyes. "Don't count on me to accept the situation. I am your friend, but there is a limit to what I can handle. I don't know what you think of that asshole, and I don't want to know, maybe Beverly is confident about him, but I'm sure he's manipulating you. "

He let go of her to finally enter his classroom.

She felt really guilty, she knew Henry had been a monster with her friends, he had been with her too, but she had gotten to know him, she had seen his good sides. She knew full well that wouldn't excuse anything, but she had discovered a new Henry, a Henry who apologized and who seemed to genuinely regret his actions.