Chapter 1: The Lonely End

Somehow, I always knew that it was going to end like this.

My name is Andrew Silverheart, and I was the second son of the great duke of the Bersella Kingdom.

During my life, I was someone calm, always keeping silence and trying to not make any mistakes. Since my mere existence was barely tolerable for the others.

The Big Duke Silverheat.

My father, is the biggest and most important duke in the kingdom, been very close with the royal family. 

During his twenties, he met my mother. Later, the both of them got married. After getting his duchess, my parents had their firstborn, my older brother, Xander Silverheart. 

In a world, where magic is something indispensable for a noble, my brother was genius in that area. My family had always been a powerhouse, related to the wind element. But my brother, even with his amazing wind element magic, he also was born with a second element, fire.

That fact, gave more fame to the Silverheart house. Fame, honor and power were all related to the mighty Silverheart. It was, practically, untouchable. Or, at least, until I was born.

In my life as Andrew Silverheart, I had always big expectations on my since my birth. Everyone was hoping that the second child of the Silverheart house would as outstanding as the first one. But everything since my birth was unfortunate. 

My mother died in childbirth. Leaving the duke with a big depression and leaving my brother without a mother. Because of that, neither my father nor brother were very affectionate with me.

Since I was born, I was left a side on the second mansion. It means, I didn't leave in the main house with my father and brother.  

Without the presence of the duke, the servants were very indifferent and careless with me. They did their jobs, but obviously they weren't excited about it

And like that, those were my days inside that place. Until my seventh birthday came.

In this world, when a child turns seventh years old, they got assigned their elemental attributes.

Wind, Earth, Light and Darkness were the four genderless elements. Meanwhile, only men could have the Fire element and only woman could have the Water element.

The day of my seventh birthday, all the guests inside the main mansion had big expectations on me, but I couldn't say that of my father and brother that I hadn't seen in a while. Their reaction that day was indecipherable for me.

When I touched the elemental identification device, this one didn't have any reaction. And that meant only one thing. Me, myself, Andrew Silverheart, son of the great duke and the little brother of a magic genius, didn't have any elemental affinity.

From that point, my life turn more obscure from what already was. In the little mansion that I lived, I only have a few servants, even if they didn't like the idea of taking care of me. Since in the eyes of the people, I was only a stain that messed up the name of the Silverheart Family.

Literature, History, Etiquette, I tried everything that could to earn the affection of my father and brother, but nothing was good enough.

When the fact that I could use mana spread, the treatment from the servants towards me got worse. I was constantly molested, and they rarely did their job anymore. 

But the worst part was when I got my personal tutor. She was hired by my father to teach me before I got enrolled in the Balderik Academy. The Magic Academy that my brother attend to.