Chapter 10: Restrictions

Father quickly picked me up and led me to his office. In less than a few minutes, the knights led by Zack were all on guard around the entire state.

Apart from my father, Xander and Rosina who arrived quite quickly due to my father's request, we were all in the ducal office.

Ahhh what nerves, what the hell is going on!?

All I did was heal a simple wound. Why are they making such a scandal?

Also, the silence in the room makes the air super tense. It is very uncomfortable to have all eyes on me without knowing what I did wrong.

The person who interrupted the silence was none other than father. "... Andrew... Where did you learn to use mana?"

Ha? Was that the reason why you are so nervous?

Well, I guess according to the duke, I was still someone who didn't possess a drop of mana. No wonder, he was surprised that he could use recovery magic.

It's not meant to be all that dramatic, though, man.

"After I touched the sphere the other day, I was slowly trying how to use magic. I guess it came naturally to me?" I feigned a bit of ignorance here. It would be better for me to pretend that I could use mana naturally.

It wouldn't be a good idea to tell them that a spirit was the one who gave me Spartan training in order to use mana correctly.

"... Is that so?"

Father put on a conflicting face again, I don't really know what the problem is. Xander used wind magic, and I don't see anyone complaining.

"In that case, young master, could you show me how you use magic to heal young master's wound?" Rosina said.

"I wouldn't mind doing it, but there's no wound to treat."

"Oh heavens! You are totally right. In that case, wait a moment."

Suddenly, Rosina took out a small dagger and stabbed her own hand, drawing blood from it.

Scary!

Who in his right mind could get such an injury while he has a smile on his face!?

Ha... I have to be more careful with Rosina, I'll make sure I never make her angry.

"In that case, if you allow me."

"Yes, go ahead."

I took Rosina's wrist and started using healing magic the same way I used it on Xander.

A blue light began to shine, before everyone's eyes Rosina's wound disappeared in a flash. It didn't take even two seconds for the wound to be completely healed.

They all had that expression of complete shock back on their faces. Although, unlike the first time, the person who had the greatest shock was Rosina instead of father.

I let go of Rosina's hand, and she only stared at him for a few moments, continuing the awkward silence from before.

Unable to face any more suspense, I finally decided to ask.

"Er.. May I know why everyone is so worried?" I understand that it was a surprise that he could use mana, but I didn't think it would be reacting this way.

They all looked at each other until Rosina took a breath and finally with a calmer face she spoke again.

"Wow, young master, I must say that I am truly surprised! To think that you could do such a high level spell without prior training, I can only say that you are a natural genius!"