Chapter 3: New Beginning

Where I am?

That was my first thought. I opened my eyes, I noticed that I was no longer in the strange space of a few moments ago. Around me, I was in a medium-sized room, not exactly huge but not very small either. But the condition of the room was a very different matter, the walls look cracked, and the floor looks very worn.

Definitely didn't look very cleaned.

The bed that I am was lying on was a bit big and very uncomfortable, the sheets and pillows are very rough and their original white color was no more, no instead, some yellowish tone prevail on the fabric.

You could hardly get a good night's sleep in these conditions.

I don't really know where was I, but this place looks very familiar. No, there is no doubt. After going through my memories, I remember. This is my room. My room in this disgusting mansion.

But what am I doing in this place?

I am very sure that I died. Then I also remember everything that happened after. The talk with the god employee, it really had a beautiful voice.

Before I could assimilate the situation I was in, the door of the room suddenly burst open.

From it, entered the person who abuse me the most in my childhood, my private tutor, Elizabeth. But she looked younger, the last time I saw her she was starting to get her first gray hair, but now she looks much younger.

"You, why are you still in bed? Get dressed immediately. In an hour, we leave for the grand duke's mansion. You better not cause any trouble." Elizabeth threw my clothes on my bed, then she got out of the room. Thar wasn't the attitude that a servant should have to their employee.

If I remember, correctly, this was exactly what happened before my brother's birthday. Deep in my thoughts, I got out of bed and went to the mirror on the side of the room. There I was, my reflection. My silver hair, my blue eyes that sparkled even when they had long had lost their color. My body had shrunk, I was only dressed in light rags, practically, now I looked like a child.

Did I really come back on time?

That was the only possible explanation.

Being in my childhood room, Elizabeth looking so young, my appearance, everything indicated that I have travel through time!

But how was that possible!? I mean, I know that the voice said that it would, but did it really do it!?

Calm down, me!

If I really went back to the past, how long exactly?

In my memories, what Elizabeth said, it's the same thing that happened before my brother's 14th birthday party. And if I remember correctly, he is about to turn fifteen, which means I would be twelve....

Did I go back five years in the past?!

"Brat! What's taking you so long? Hurry up!"

I didn't have time to think anymore, since Elizabeth keep rushing me. So, I changed as quickly as I could and went to dinner room to had breakfast, well if you can call two measly pieces of stale bread breakfast. I remember that in my past life, the reason I was so weak and didn't grow was because of my poor diet. But in this place, even this pieces of bread was a lot for me.

After eating, Elizabeth and me got into the carriage that my father sent, and we were currently on our way to the duke's main mansion. Although I have returned in time, I still didn't know very well what should I do. But if one thing is certain, it is that I will not let this second chance pass me by.