Chapter 1

*JAYDEN POV*

I sat in the cafeteria alone. The jocks were discussing football or something and especially how they were going to get rich and I was lost in thought like I was in a deep trance, and I have a friend but he's sick at home.

He has been my best friend since my first year in secondary school. Sometimes after school, I would sweep the streets for money because my financial condition has been in a tight spot. I would save up to five to six days to buy something to take home.

I managed to get to high school because of my hard work through elementary school. I've been applying for scholarships since the beginning of my high school years and am devoted to it. I barely eat or buy clothes for myself.

Everyone seems to have left the cafeteria, I wanted to take my leave then I bumped into one of the boys talking in here, "Look, kid." He muffled like he was making a private deal with me as he reached out to his pocket and brought out a crumpled £20 note. "Just take this, I know why you are in here cause you are poor or something, no offence, I'm not here to give any hate but I've been in this situation but...'' He was interrupted by one of his bros.

"See you later kid" He left as he tapped my cheek.

I look at him as he walked away and stared at the money he gave to me, it gave me a bittersweet feeling, I felt insulted at first but the £20 will help me to get some foodstuff and see Mike.

After school, I was walking on my own, a man in a luxurious car stopped beside me while I was in the pedestrian lane, he pulled down the dark tinted glass and he was in his early twenties, probably. He ask if he could offer me a ride.

I almost snubbed him, until I saw his muscular arm through his sleeves and super broad shoulders. He has a symmetrical face and perfect jaw with a light caramel skin tone which matches his bright brown eyes. His goatee and high fade were everything.

This made me question sexuality in my head, I couldn't say no or yes but his smile was intimidating and I accepted his offer as he opened the door next to the driver's seat. I was creating a scenario in my head like why would he stop by me and offer me a ride, or could he be in a cult or something?

"Where do you live?" He asked. "Along this street beside a small coffee shop," I replied. I wanted to ask for his name and why he stopped beside me, but I was timid to. "So what's your name?" Luckily he asked. "Jayden... Jayden Antonio" I answered. "Nice. I'm Asad Jamal" he said.

The name explains it all as he got that Arabian look. He continues to drive as he stopped at my house. It was a moderate brown house with no gate or fence and not well furnished.
One step and a big flower pot beside the doorstep. "So this is where you live?" Asad asked. "Yes," I replied bowing my head immediately.

I stepped out of his car, wanting to barge into my house he stopped me and asked for my number. I didn't know what to say cause I don't have a phone, because my mom said she won't buy me any device until I graduate. I gave him my home phone number and he smiled. I was so fluttered. He drove away as I entered my house.

I greeted my mom sitting on the sofa facing the television as she was watching the news since we didn't have enough money to pay for the cables or Netflix subscription.

She answered in an undertone like she was troubled. I came close to her as she glared at me and I want to move back because she has been suffering from depression since my father died and he was our only source of income since my mom lost her job.

It has been tragic since.

"Who was that?" she asked.

"Uh..he...was my...uh..umm.. teacher, yeah teacher, he is my biology teacher" I stammered while tightening my face in regret.

She didn't care to know, since she has nothing to do or to care about, as she rested her suspicious look I felt relieved.

I walked to my room, dropped my bag and fell on the bed I sleep on with my three brothers as thought about the weird event that happened today. My brothers interrupted by barging into the room and jumping on the bed and ruined my thoughtful moment, they are just so deafening and annoying. I picked a comic and walked out of the house and sat on the front porch as I start to read.

After reading some pages my sister called me for dinner as I went in to eat but today it was different she made her special lasagna recipe. I knew something was fishy, she couldn't make something delicious unless luck shined on her or something better.

After eating the meal she place her elbows on the table and interlocked her fingers as she smiled "So what's the tea?" I stormed. She sighs "Daniel just proposed to me" she announced, and she showed us the engagement ring. "No way" I exclaimed. We all hugged her for giving us heartwarming news. That was the second good thing that happened today.

The sky had turned dark with the moon partly covered by the cloud. I entered my room after waiting for Asad's call and crawled onto my bed to sleep with my annoying brothers. My sister slept in my mom's room as I and my two brothers slept on the bed and the last one sleeps in my mom's room.

My eyes were already dizzy when I heard a phone buzzing in the sitting room. I quickly jumped out of the bed and into the living room and took the phone and answered it, it was Asad. I slowly sneaked out of the house to receive the phone call and his voice was soothing.

We talked for a while telling him about myself. I felt a tap on my shoulder and I was gripped with fear as I slowly turned, it wasn't mom. She pulled out her hand to collect the phone and I handed it to her and she grabbed my ear and dragged me to my room. I couldn't stop recalling all that he said. They were like balls bouncing all in my head until I eventually fell asleep.