Chapter 16

JAYDEN POV

The following day, I walked into Jake's wardroom with a light brown acoustic guitar.

"Hey, Jake".

"Why are you with a guitar?".

"I can play the guitar".

"What I never knew, you've never played for me before".

"I knew it will surprise you".

I sat on a flat stool with my legs crossed.

"Wait let me tune it".

I finished tuning it as I took a deep breath.

Say you won't let go - James Arthur

"...I'm so in love with you
And I hope you know
Darling, your love is more than worth its weight in gold
We've come so far, my dear
Look how we've grown
And I wanna stay with you until we're grey and old
Just say you won't let go
Just say you won't let go..."

"I love you so much, Jayden". He said tearing up.

  "I love you too Jake". I said as I kissed his forehead.

"I never knew you could sing".

"I never really show it that much, I just hope you get better".

"My tongue feels tingly, could you get us ice cream".

"But it's late".

"We'll wait till tomorrow then".

"If it's ice cream you want, I'll get it for you".

I left the hospital for an ice cream store.

                       JAKE POV

Everywhere seems peaceful, unexpectedly I took a deep breath, and every breath receives no air. My chest became heavy, it was like my lungs were fading slowly. I kept gasping hard for air. The medics rushed in to help but I felt like I was vulnerable.

"If this was the last breath I was going to take, I want to breathe the air of someone I love".

Just say you won't let go. "I won't let go!".

Everyone moment felt like I was fighting for my life. My eyes were covered with tears, I don't want to cause pain to anyone, to Jayden. My body felt numb, my vision fades away. I felt like I was living in my mind.

My last breath.

                         JAYDEN POV

I was on my way to the hospital with the ice cream when I received a call.

"Hello who's this".

"Are you one of Jake's relatives".

"Uhm...yeah".

"Well.... he's dead".

All the items I was holding including my phone suddenly dropped. My body was shaking, my brain couldn't comprehend the statement.

"The worst has finally come". The trauma I felt for my mom and dad has finally come again. I fell to my knees.

"Why!" I screamed.

"Why would you do this to me, Jake, why do you have to leave me like this, why does everyone I love leave me, Mom why?, Dad why? Jake why?" I cried.

The following week at Jake's funeral, I could hear people mourning. But I never believe he is dead. Jake is alive and he's somewhere around here witnessing his funeral. Jake will always be in my heart.

Everyone had left as I was alone. I walked close to Jake's grave as I slowly squat touching it.

"Look how we've grown
And I wanna stay with you until we're grey and old
Just say you won't let go" I sang weakly with tears rolling down my eyes.

"I love you, Jake".

I walked back to take my guitar. I sat close to his grave and crossed my leg. And I start to play.

"...I'm still holdin' on to everything that's dead and gone
I don't wanna say goodbye, 'cause this one means forever
Now you're in the stars and six-feet's never felt so far
Here I am alone between the heavens and the embers..." I cried singing.

The following week walked to the park depressed and broken and sat on a bench.

"Hey, Jayden". I slowly turned my head to look at who called my name. It was Asad, he walked towards me.

"Can I sit with you?".

"Yeah you can," I said weakly.

"I'm so sorry about Jake".

"It's ok. Asad, why does everyone I love have to leave me, My dad left, My mom, Jake and you. Asad why did you leave me?".

"Am sorry, I promise I would never leave you again". He said as I hugged him crying.

"Asad, I miss you".

"I miss you too Jayden, no matter where I go I'll always come to you. Let me take you home."

We both left as I entered his car. He was about to put on his seat belt.

"Asad".

"Yes Jayden". He turned to me as I kissed him.

I could feel the shock radiating out of him. He couldn't resist kissing back. I never thought I couldn't feel his lips again.

🖤🤍THE END🤍🖤