Chapter 14

ASAD POV

I followed the address on Jayden's business card. I drove to Jayden's house with an apology gift and bouquet. I came down from my car and walked to Jayden's front door.

I took a deep breath and hit the doorbell and waited for some time but no one answered.

I tried using the door knob but it was locked. Suddenly, a stranger from the other house yelled "There is no one home".

"Do you know where they went?" I yelled.

"They've moved to another country," he said.

"Another country?" I muttered, I quickly dialled Jayden's number on my phone but he was not picking up.

I sat on the front porch thinking of what to do. I couldn't think of something reasonable, all I could think of was being with Jayden.

I decided to take a ride around town to relieve the stress of thinking about Jayden.

I just wanted to get rid of this anxiety burning inside of me. The light hits red and I stopped.

The thought of Jayden still flooded my mind within the period of red light to green light. The light hits green and turn on my ignition.

My car almost crossed the highway road until what I could see was a truck coming towards me with speed. The last thing I could see was the truck.

Six days later after waking from my coma. I felt so euphoric, I don't understand myself or how my body works anymore.

I couldn't feel my legs, it felt like it was better to die than to live like this without the other half of my heart. Even the blood passing through the drip through my veins couldn't give me life. My heart doesn't work normal anymore.

I'll rather stay in a single place forever than move and find true love you could never find. I think I should just give up on love before I die for nothing.

Tears rolled down my eyes as I could feel the tension in my heart, I grabbed my shirt on my left chest said trying the hold back the years but couldn't help but to cry like an infant.

My parents rushed in as they heard me cry and consoled me, my face was on my mother's shoulder with her hand patting my head.

Four months later, my legs healed I could walk again after three months. But there's one problem, I couldn't think of anything but to get high.

I would buy oxycodone just to satisfy myself and I hate it. I couldn't stop thinking of him. I regret what I have done. I drove to a nearby bar and waited for nobody.

Someone walked in, and I saw someone like my one and only, but it was all my imagination.

It was an hour-shaped girl with long silky black hair and a tight red dress she walked close to the bar table and slightly combed her hair with her finger as she turned to me.

She was sitting two sits away from me. She moved her seat till she got close to me. She arranged her boobies and dusted herself. She got the drink that she ordered and intentionally spilt it on me.

"Oh, am so sorry," she said.

She took me to the restroom to clean me up. She ran some warm water on a towel she found on the hanger, and after squeezing it, she moved close to me.

Our eyes were connected like two dots making a straight line. She dabbed the cloth on my white shirt, and her face moved closer to mine.

"You are very handsome," she said looking at my lips.

"Sorry, I'm taken" I slowly pushed her away.

She forcefully pushed my head closer to her face and kissed me.

"No, stop! stop!!, I told you I'm taken" I yelled pushing her away and walking out of the bathroom.

I walked out of the bar and entered my car banging my head on the steering wheel.