Prologue~

Maia's P.O.V.

*beep beep beep*
I rolled over and groaned as I noticed the time on my alarm clock.

8:23am

Time to get up, I thought.

I went downstairs and grabbed an apple. I took a huge bite as I felt the my teeth crunch down into it. It wasn't anything special. It was just an ordinary apple. But boy, did I love apples..

I went upstairs and hopped into the shower. Not literally, obviously. Or that would have ended badly..

I turned the knob to the hottest possible position and let the warm water flow down my long, wavy brown hair. I rubbed my hands with my coconut shampoo and slowly rubbed my hair with it.

As I got out of the shower, I wrapped my towel around me as my hair dripped down over my body.

I pulled on my grey sports bra, black leggings and a long baggy grey jumper to hide my tattoo sleeve, as I was teaching a 4-7 year old ballet class and the mothers already probably disapproved with the 4 piercings on my left ear.

I then drove off to the dance studio..

*****

It was a 25 minute drive and I arrived just in time. My mom had owned the studio before she passed away, so I decided to take it over last year. I loved dancing. It seemed that whenever I was sad or depressed, I could let out all my emotion through dance.

*****

The class didn't start until 11am and I had half an hour to spare. I was about to go get my phone and use time by scrolling through my Twitter, but I heard the door of the studio burst open just as I had slung my sports bag down.

"Maia!!" I heard a familiar voice call. "Maia!"

"There you are!" the guy who helped me run the studio, called my name. His name was Bob and to be honest, how could you not love Bob. Not in that way, but he was such an awesome person like ugh.. He was just so funny and nice.

"Hey Bob," I said, glancing up from my phone.

"You have another appointment at 1pm today with a band. They have applied as their producer needs you to help them to choreograph a routine for their next show!" He exclaimed.

"Really?!" I shot up. I loved bands. And when I say loved bands; I meant that bands were my life. I was particularly into metal and punk bands. "What band?!"

"Woah hold your horses!" Bob chuckled. "They're called Five Seconds of Summer"

"Em who?" I said. I'd never heard of them before.

"You're kidding right?" He said raising his eyebrows.

I shook my head.

"Wow I'm surprised.. I thought they were supposed to be the 'next big thing'" he said, trying to be cool. Trying. No Bob. Just no..
Ohhh.. Thats why I didn't know them.. They were probably just some random pop 'band' who pretended to be an actual band..

"Oh." I said plainly. "I better get ready, class starts in 10," I told him.
He nodded and left the room.
I sighed. I was so tired. I hadn't been getting a lot of sleep lately and I had no idea why.

*****

Before I knew it, 14 soon-to-be ballerinas came into the room after saying goodbye to their parents.
I noticed a little girl with bouncy blonde pigtails, crying over in a corner. I went over to her.

I bent down on one knee so I was at her height. "Are you ok?" I asked her.

Poor little thing.

She shook her head and rubbed her tear-stained eyes.

"What's your name?" I asked her.

"Rosie," she mumbled, looking down at her feet.

"I'm Maia," I said introducing myself.
She looked up at me with the cutest big, blue eyes.

"I can't tie my shoe," she said, pointing to her ballet slipper. "Mommy always does it and shes's.. She's not here.." She stuttered.

I took her hand. "I can help you if you'd like," I told her.

"Are you good at tieing shoelaces?" She asked me.

"I'm the best," I said. "I once won a trophy!"

Rosie giggled. "You're silly!" She said, still laughing. I took her hand again and led her over to where the other girls had already started.

"Point your toes," I said to all the little girls. They began following my steps and they were extremely good for their age.

*****

Before I knew it, class was over and the moms were here to collect their kids.
Rosie came up to me at the end and gave me a hug. "Thank you," she whispered into my ear, before she skipped off over to her mother.

*****
It was now 12.30pm and time for lunch but I wasn't hungry. So I decided to skip it.

I pulled off my baggy grey jumper and threw it on the ground, revealing my tattoo sleeve. I turned on 'Nicotine' by Panic! At the disco and began to compose my own routine to it.

I added in flips and turns and tricks of all sorts so I could forget about everything that was happening in my mind and I set myself free.

I was counting out the rhythm in my head while I was dancing when I noticed someone peering through the glass window on the door..

*****

A/N:
So Maia Mitchell plays Maia. Maia is 18 in this story.
So please:
COMMENT
SHARE
LIKE
FOLLOW
YAYYYY
BE YOURSELF