2. Spaghetti

Maia's POV:

Soon enough, it was 3pm and time for them to go.

"Thanks," they all said, even Michael.

"No problem. So, I'll see you guys tomorrow then?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"Definitely," Luke said.

"Ok cool". I grabbed my notepad and put a tick beside their names for tomorrow.

"Well, we better get going," Ashton said. "See you tomorrow, Maia," he waved.

"Bye," I waved back.

Michael, Luke and Ashton got their stuff and walked out to the car park, but Calum stayed behind.

I was packing up my own stuff and suddenly, my phone began to vibrate. I checked it. It was Kevin, one of my brother's best friends. He helped look after me when I needed help with stuff and my brother wasn't here. My brother apparently said I needed "protection".

Kev: Joe wants me to check up on you. All well?

Me: yeah. One of my students is being an asshole though

Kev: well if you have any trouble, ring me, ok? I'm going to Alexa's house later. Text me if you need me. Ly x

Me: thanks kev

Kevin was so nice. He was like an extra older brother to me. Alexa was his girlfriend and she was basically my best friend. Alexa was 3 years older than me and Kevin was 4.

I was putting my phone into my pocket when Calum shyly came up to me.

"Hey Maia?" He asked me.

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry for how Michael was acting earlier, he just hasn't been in the best of moods lately and he won't talk to anyone," he said sadly.

"I noticed," I said back, but then I noticed the serious look on his face and his eyes were filled with sorrow and I swear he looked like an actual puppy.
I put my hand on his shoulder. "It's going to be ok. He'll talk to you guys eventually. Just maybe give him some space for a while and he might talk to you," I consoled Calum.

"Thanks," he said giving me a small smile. "I better go".

"Ok. See you tomorrow". I felt really bad for him. Not Michael, Calum. Michael was an ass.

Calum was about to walk out the door when he turned around. "Hey Maia?"

"Yeah?" We said again.

"Me and the other guys are going to get something to eat. Do you wanna come with us?"

"Em, sure I'd love to," I was actually quite surprised I said that. I was usually really shy. I guess these guys just seemed really nice. "But would Michael mind?" I added in.

He chuckled. "It's fine," he said. "He's really a very nice person once you know him".

"You sure?"

He chuckled and nodded again.

I was uncertain but I followed Calum to their car, after quickly pulling my grey jumper over my head.

*****

Michael's POV:
I walked out of the studio with Ashton and Luke. Calum seemed to stay behind.

"You know, you should really try to be nicer to Maia," Luke said to me.

I just shrugged. "At least we're only going to see her in the studio and so it won't matter that much. I'll just treat her like a teacher, since she seems to love being in charge," I replied sassily.