✞ 𝟏 ✞

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃✮ 𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚢𝚖 𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚛𝚘𝚎 𝚍𝚎 𝚜𝚒𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚎 ✮  ❝𝙷𝙰𝚁𝙻𝙴𝚈❞📍 𝙷𝙰𝚁𝙻𝙴𝙼, 𝙽𝙴𝚆 𝚈𝙾𝚁𝙺

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
✮ 𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚢𝚖 𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚛𝚘𝚎 𝚍𝚎 𝚜𝚒𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚎 ✮
❝𝙷𝙰𝚁𝙻𝙴𝚈❞
📍 𝙷𝙰𝚁𝙻𝙴𝙼, 𝙽𝙴𝚆 𝚈𝙾𝚁𝙺.

SUGARHILL APARTMENTS
HARLEM, NYC.

"i promise you gonna like it here harley. i know it's not like philly but it's different and better." mom said, fixing my hair.

"ma i can do my hair myself, I am 14." i said grabbing my knotless braids back from her.

"im just tryna make you feel better. i know you miss your old friends and all—"

"momma can we just go already, im finna be late." i sit on the couch putting on my newly bought converses. "alright, let me just get my keys and then we can hand out." she said nodding and walking in her room.

i get up from the couch and walk outside the complex and walked down the stairs. a good thing the stairs isn't dirty. i thought.

i keep walking down the stairs and then start hearing dudes getting loud and see them dancing. getting sturdy is what they call it in nyc. they stop doing what they were doing and stare at me. "she new?" one of them muttered.

i just walk down the other steps and finally i was outside. i inhaled the air and then exhaled, trying to the get nervousness off of me, observing my surroundings, i can't believe my mom wanted to move here. she only moved down here for a job that will pay her $300 a hour. which isn't bad but she could've let me stayed with my dad in philadelphia.

i wanna get use to this New York shit but i don't know how. i hear different male voices but sounded like they were about my age. i continue to observe harlem, waiting on my moms to get done finding the keys.

it don't take that damn long to find some keys. i thought. "damn girl, move!." some boy bump into me. i back up looking at the boy who has a pink von dutch hat on. the 2 other boys just laugh as both of us mug each other.

i roll my eyes, "maaaaa! come onnn!" i yelled, feeling embarrassed and weird after this random ass boy just disrespected me. the 3 of them just laugh and continue to walk with backpacks on. i hope they ain't going to the same school as me.

"okay okay, i found them and stop rushing me girl! i didnt rush yo ass today." she said as me and her walked to the honda civic. i look at my shoes while walking, "you ain't that happy to be at school, plus its yo first day."

i sighed, "you're right. could we grab some breakfast first and then can you walk in the school with me?" I looked at her. 5'5, we stood at the same height.

"yea we can grab breakfast and harley i can't keep walking in the school with you, you finna be 15 in a couple months. you should feel like you don't need me to walk in school with you anymore. just try to do it by yourself." she rubbed my back and i took deep breaths.