you keep beating her at a game (requested)

"Are you sure you want to play?" You asked your girlfriend as you placed the extra controller on her lap. "It's not an easy game and I get pretty competitive, so I won't be letting you win."

"That's okay. I don't want you to let me win. I can win on my own, fair and square!" Jiwoo replied before she stuck her tongue out at you.

You shook your head with a laugh before setting up a character for her to play as.

"Are you ready?"

"Yes, hit start already! C'mon, I'm ready to win!" She confidently and enthusiastically spoke.

You hit start and before you knew it, the game began.

The game you're playing is one that you've been into for the last few days.

Since you've spent so much of your free time on it, you've learned all there is to know and you're pretty good at it.

You didn't plan on letting your girlfriend win because you're too competitive for that but you didn't want to go too hard on her the first time around.

So, despite winning, you didn't beat her all that badly at first.

"Ugh, I was so close!" She groaned before she saw your thumb hovering over the restart button.

"Want to go again?"

"Yes. You're going down this time, babe!"

You weren't phased by her words and, instead, continued to do your very best at the game.

Jiwoo was starting to learn how it was played and even though she lost a couple more rounds, she was getting the hang of it.

"Why do you keep losing, baby?" You teased, elbowing her side playfully.

"Suck it. I will win sooner or later."

"Whatever you say, my love." You chuckled and hit restart once more.

Her fingers moved quickly across the buttons and pads on the controller.

She kept her eyes on the screen and her teeth sank into her lip as she got really into the game and just as she was about to win, you beat her yet again.

"Yay! I won! Again!" You said, celebrating victoriously. "Who won? Oh, that's right, me!"

"Whatever. This game is stupid anyway." She grumbled as she folded her arms over her chest.

Seeing that she wasn't all that enthused any longer, you stopped messing around and put your hand on her thigh.

"Are you mad?"

"No." She lied as she stared at the wall.

"Jiwoo, baby, it's only a game."

"Yeah. A stupid game that I keep losing at." She mumbled.

"You said you didn't want me to let you win, so I'm not. Usually, I wouldn't let anyone win, but because it's you, I'd be happy to let you win a game or two."

"No. Because it's not fair and square then."

You sighed before taking her hand into yours.

"I thought you'd enjoy this. It takes your mind off of everything going on and it's fun. It's not about winning or losing. I just do it to tease you. The most important thing is that you're enjoying yourself. Have you had fun?"

"Kinda."

"Then pick that controller back up and we'll keep playing. If you get bored, we'll switch to another game. This isn't about winning or losing. At the end of the day, when we get into bed tonight to go to sleep, I want you to look back and think about how much fun you had playing games with me."

"You're right." She said.

"So, stop pouting, and let's play."

You grabbed the controller and put it back on her lap once more and she smiled at you before picking it up.

"Ready?"

"If I lose the next few times, can we play a different game?"

You laughed before nodding your head.

"Yay!" She excitedly said.

And seeing her so happy was all that really mattered to you.