Chapter 1

Going as fast as he could Jon never knew his destination. The only thing he wanted was to be far away from home, from his father, from anyone, be alone and think. That's how he came to be sitting on the top platform of the Eiffel tower, at 9pm, Paris time. The silence of the City of Love could only make him feel better, feel in peace, thinking back about his argument with his father less than an hour ago, trying to decide what he would do.

"I wasn't expecting to meet Superboy during my patrol tonight."

Jon turn around rapidly to face the direction of the soft behind him. He was so concentrated on himself that he never heard her coming, she walk slowly towards him and sat next to him her feet in the void.

She was wearing a skin tight red suit, with back spots on her torso, back and thighs. Behind her spotted mask, he could see her bluebell eyes has she sent him a warm smile. It's at that moment, that Jon realised he was still wearing is Superboy uniform.

"Yeah, sorry I needed time to think... I had a fight with my father..."

She didn't answer, leaving him to talk if he wanted to, and he did. He was now curious of the reason of her presence in Paris.

"And you? Why are you doing a patrol in Paris?"

"Well I am the city's superhero I need to make sure HawkMoth doesn't take advantage of the citizens I have to protect." Her answer confused him, he was not aware of the existence of a villain in Paris and never heard of any problem within the Justice League.

"Ladybug!" she presented herself. "It seems you have never heard of me. And to be honest I'm not surprise, the Justice League never believed us in the first place. And it's been four years now. I realised later on that it was for the best, because I wouldn't want to fight any of you guys. It's been through enough, especially in the last year and being just me and Cat Noir. Not to lie, but we are exhausted. Only today we fought two Akumas and it was not even noon."

She stopped talking and took a deep breath. Jon did not understand half of what she was talking about. He didn't know why but he knew he could trust her and wanted to tell her everything, he was drawn to her like a magnet.

"Honestly, I have no idea what you are talking about. But I would really must like to help you and this 'Chat' of yours. You see for me it's the complete opposite. My father doesn't want to let me do anything, he is scared something could happened to me. If it wasn't for my mom, I would probably be sitting in a safe room, wrap in bubble wrap" he laughs softly at his own joke. Ladybug let out a small giggle.

"Today we fought because of that. All the other kids in the League have missions and work along their parents, but not for Superboy! He's the strongest and he is invincible, but Superman would never let him do anything alone or even a dangerous assignment. It's frustrating!" They sat side by side in silence, comfortable with each other. Without realising it Ladybug put her head on Superboy's shoulder looking at the horizon.

"I'm scared..." Jon turned his head to look at the young woman who just spoke, encouraging her to continue.

"I'm seventeen years old, the guardian of the Miraculous, a superhero, I go to school, I work, help my parents at the bakery and still I'm here and nobody knows who I am. Ladybug is still the biggest mystery of Paris. If anything happens to my Miraculous, the world would be doom and if anything happens to me it would be worse. I have no one to help me and I can't talk about it to anyone, not even my partner." She let out a sigh, before continuing her thoughts. "I'm scared to not be in time, to not be able to restore everything at the end of a battle. What if I can't resurrect everyone? What if HawkMoth finds me or the Miracle Box? What if I lose a Miraculous? You know I used to love Paris and imagined a wonderful future for me here. Now I despite it. I just want to leave and never look back..."

Jon passed his arm around her shoulder, while a tear ran down her cheek.

"You know you can tell me anything... anything you want. Start from the beginning, maybe I could help you, find some solutions. Let me help you..." he smiled at her and without thinking she started for the moment she received her Miraculous up to the present day. He didn't stop her, just listening and taking notes of what he could do to help in the future. They laughed at times and she cried at others, they knew this new relationship was one they would appreciate in the future, from one side of the ocean to the other.

By the end of her story, it was past midnight, she yawn and got back on her feet. She didn't want to leave, she felt calm and secured around the boy, simply put it this way: she felt like home and at peace. Before going back home, she opened her yoyo and took out a piece of paper and a pen, wrote down her phone number and turn to face the boy, who had just got up as well.

"Here, if you ever want to talk or if you pass by Paris, text me!?" she turned around and made her way to the edge of the platform. "Oh! And please, tell the League not to come here and if you, Superboy, decide to, make sure you don't have any negative emotions. See you soon!" she winked at him and the next second she was throwing her yoyo in the sky and jumping off the tower.

Jon looked at the spotted heroine until he could she her in the night. He looked at the paper and decided to enter the phone number in his phone right away, just in case he loses it during his flight back home. When he got to the farm house, he went straight to his room, after a thirty minutes flight, he changes into his pyjamas and did his homework, before going to bed. Thinking about the night he just spent with Ladybug. The best night of his life, if you asked him, at that moment. He felt asleep rapidly dreaming about a lovely Parisian superhero with midnight hair and bluebell eyes.