Chapter 15

By the end of the month, Adrien was back being himself to the released of his friends and his father, but that Sunday morning when he woke up, it was chaos. He jumped out of bed and ran to eat his breakfast, he was jumping and skipping all over the mansion.

He had asked Nathalie to clear his schedule for the day, no extra-curriculum or photoshoot. It was the day Ladybug had planned for the reveal, so he had to get ready by 13h30 and be at the Eiffel Tower at 14h00. The assistant was happy to see the young man with a genuine smile, especially after the last few months, so she was more than eager to give him his day off, not even asking Gabriel for permission.

"Kid calm down, I' trying to sleep!!!" whined Plagg, while Adrien was jumping up and down in his room.

"I'm so excited Plagg, I can't wait to know who Ladybug is!"

"I know, but get ready, do some homework, just let me alone with my camembert!"

Adrien sighed, he knew his kwami was right, so he decided to practice his piano and do his homework, before jumping in the shower just after lunch.

* * *

Marinette was pacing in her room, while waiting for Jon to arrive. The kwamis were sitting on her chaise in silence, after a moment Wayzz got closer to his Guardian trying to reassure her that telling Chat Noir her identity was not a bad idea. The only thing will be to be really careful, with their negative emotions. He also told her that in the past when the holders of the Ladybug and the Black Cat Miraculous passed that step, they were closer and more efficient on the battlefield and in their civilian lives.

This information did calm a bit the fears and anxieties of the girl, but she couldn't ease the bad feeling she had in her stomach. It was the same feeling she got every time before an Akuma was release, she knew a battle was coming, but it was different this time. The intensity of it was bigger than any she had in the past, stronger than during the battle of Miracle Queen or ScarletMoth, so saying it was scaring her was an understatement. She looked at the time and decided on getting ready, because would be there in a couple of minutes.

Just as she was finishing putting on her lipstick, the doorbell rang and she quickly got to it to welcome her boyfriend. The boy was trying to tame his hair when the front door opened to reveal Marinette in a simple red spotted blouse and a black skirt, he shook his head and smiled at her. Of course, she would dress up to look like her alter-ego to meet her partner for the first time. The bright smile she sent him made him rush to take her in his arms and kiss her, hoping she'll understand how much he loves her. She jump and passed her legs around his waist and her arms to his neck and to keep her from falling he grabbed her by her butt, they kept kissing in this position until they heard a cough behind them. They quickly separate to look at the person who was in the room with them only to fine Tom and Sabine with a knowing smile.

The young blushing couple said their goodbyes and left to go meet Chat Noir at the top of the Eiffel Tower. They walked towards the meeting spot, but a few blocks before they hide in a small alley to transform, entering Marinette and Jon, exiting Ladybug and Superboy. She threw her yoyo and he followed her flying by her side. The citizens were really happy to see the SuperBug during the day, all cheering at the superheroes. They exchange a look and instead of going straight to the top of the tower, they landed at the bottom deciding to meet the kids while waiting for Chat. The kids were running in their direction, which made Superboy laugh, he was used to the super fans and the paparazzi in America, but in Paris people were respectful and tried really hard not to be show how excited they were to see the heroes.

A couple of minutes later, the couple was taking pictures and signing autographs when Chat Noir landed next to his partner. The already happy kids' eyes widened at the new arrival.

"I see that you're having fun without me M'Lady?"

After the shock passed a few squeals were heard, to which both Chat and Superboy winced because of their sensitive hearing. Ladybug burst out laughing at the boys' reaction. They were the most important people for her at this point in her life and she was happy to see them interacted with their little fans and making jokes with each other, the first stress of the day had pass, now up to the next... the reveal.

An hour later, the teens were finally able to leave the ground after deciding to meetup in the locker room of Collège Françoise-Dupont, a place they knew would be empty and safe. Chat Noir was looking around the school, to make sure no one was there, while Ladybug checked the locker room itself and made sure they were no camera. They were excited, nervous but mostly really happy to finally meet outside the suit and superheroes duties.

"Wow, I can't believe we're doing this after four years LB! Are you sure?" asked Chat Noir almost jumping up and down.

"To be honest, I'm really nervous, because I don't want you to be disappointed when you realise who I am under the mask. You are my friend, well Chat is both as Ladybug and as myself and so I'm scared to lose you after this..." she was playing with her fingers and looking down, so she wouldn't make eye contact with her best friend.

At this moment, Jon entered the room without his costume, making Chat jump in surprise. It's a giggling Ladybug who took the cat-like hero's hands in her own and look into his eyes smiling. She closed her eyes and called off her transformation, she heard Chat do the same and she knew the moment had come and there was no coming back. Adrien opened his eyes and gasped.

"Mari!? It's you..." when she heard her name, she opened her eyes as well. The silence was broken by a squeak, making the boys and kwamis laugh.

"I know you were MultiMouse at one point, but I'm pretty sure ladybugs don't squeak. Right Tikki?" joked Adrien. Mari sent him a glare before laughing with all of them.

The girl finally jumped in her partner's arms, she was so happy to see that one of her best friends had been to her side all along, the boy selfless, generous and charming she used to have feelings for was her partner, her kitty. He was holding her tight and they both knew everything would be alright.