Chapter 5

Happy! She was happy, it's the least she could say. Since that night on patrol, where she met Superboy she was happy. For the first time in a long time, she was able to think about something else than school, saving Paris or being the Guardian. The boy, who came to Paris not knowing the situation, just calmed down quickly her daily escape from the stress and he made her happy. They would text anytime of the day and every time they were available at the same time the young man would call her, when he got out of school or during his lunch break, they were able to arrange a schedule for their calls, because of the time difference.

When Chloe propose a sleepover for the class, she tried to get out of it but the girls, mostly the host and Alya, went stray to Tom and Sabine to make sure Marinette would be there and she wouldn't have to work at the bakery like she usually does that night of the week. The heroine was not happy, because she was supposed to have a call with Superboy that night and because it was Saturday, she didn't have to cut in short because they didn't have school. She waited the whole week for this moment, they planned it Monday and they were going to watch a movie and be on a video call at the same time. On Thursday, when her parents told her during diner that she was going to Le Grand Paris, for the sleepover and that she had no reason to say no, she had to obliged.

She was not having a lot of fun during the party, she sat in a corner with others, but she wasn't listening to the conversation. She had decided to text her superhero friend all night instead of the plans they had.

When Alya dragged her to the Truth or Dare game with all her classmates, she prayed for her name not to be called. And because she is Marinette and not Ladybug at the moment, her name was called in the first round and one of the few questions she didn't what to answer was asked by Chloe.

"Who is the guy you are constantly texting? I want as much detail you can give me." The Mayor's daughter had a smirk on her face and Marinette knew exactly what she wanted, but she couldn't give her this information. While she was trying to find an escape her phone rang and when she saw his nickname, she had a bright smile and sigh in relieved.

"Sorry! I have to take this, I'll be right back!" she didn't give to time to her friends to object and ran to the room next door.

"Hey! How are you?"

"Hey LB! You should be asking me 'Where are you?' but I'm fine."

"What are you talking about Sunshine? I know you're in Metropolis..." Marinette was confused. It make the boy laugh.

"Not at all. I'm at the window Bug." She rapidly transform and went to the balcony door. To her surprise, there he was flying and smiling like the sun.

"Surprise!! I decided to come instead, I taught we could do your patrol together. What do you say?"

She didn't answer, she took her yoyo and ran out the door laughing "Race you to the Eiffel Tower!"

Of course Superboy won, but Ladybug was not far behind, mostly because he waited for her. Without waiting they started their patrol together. They could hear the confusion and the exclamations from the citizens in the streets. Ladybug decided to stop in the park for a couple of minutes so the kids could meet the American hero, they were so excited some parents had to control them. She could see the spark in her friend's eyes, he was proud and happy not to be Superman's son at the moment. He was important for the kids and their parents. He took pictures and signed autographs for everyone. Ladybug couldn't help herself, she was looking at him like he was the 8th "wonder of the world". It was cut by some adults and the first rumors started to spread.

After they passed by Le Grand Paris and she was not surprised to see Alya and her classmates on the roof filming and taking pictures. They didn't stopped but they did went to find André, the ice cream maker and meet other kids and families, before going back to the top of the Eiffel Tower.

Ladybug was overjoyed, it was the best patrol she had in, maybe forever of you would asked her, she didn't remember ever having so much fun during her patrols with Chat Noir.

"Best. Night. Ever!" she didn't realised she said it out loud.

"You're right! For me too! I really enjoyed it." The young man answered not thinking either. "Thank you by the way. Seeing the smiles and the stars in the kids' eyes was amazing. I don't really do it back home, they always want to see my father and I'm left cleaning up or with the some pictures with the kids who have already saw my dad."

Ladybug gave him a soft smile and put her hand on his. "You are a wonderful superhero and may I say an amazing friend, you need to stop comparing yourself to your father. You are not him and never will be." Changing their position, he slowly put his head on her laps and she began playing with his hair. "You know Sunshine, people will always compare us to others, and mostly you because they have your father has a first superhero model."

"I just wish I could be more like you. I know it's a lot of work and you are stressed and exhausted, but you can be yourself and lead your own missions and your team. Hell, I wish to be on your team."

"You already are on my team." He raised an eyebrow and she let out a chuckle. "Would I let you come on patrol with me if you were not on my team?" they both locked eyes and smiled. They were just happy to be together, the feeling they got from one another made them feel good and secured. They wished this moment would never end.