Chapter 9

"Hey Starlight!"

"Hey Sunshine, what is going on, aren't you supposed to be in school?" he could hear the concern in Marinette's voice.

"No everything is perfect, well except the fact that you are not here with me." This comment made her laugh every time, so it was safe to say he made sure to say it as much as possible, to hear this wonderful sound.

"Come on Nino, stop talking and kiss your girl..." Mari's voice seemed to be far from her phone.

"Mari are you okay?"

"Ah yes! Just Nino who keeps trying to find out who you are... but I want to keep you to myself for a little longer."

"Yeah, so I just finished my mandatory therapy session and so this doctor has worked with the League, for years if not decades. She know most of our identities and I know we can trust her. Yeah so... She would like to meet you and talk to you, well to us..." Jon didn't know if it was too much to ask to his new girlfriend.

"Oh... well, I mean. I don't know can we really trust her? You know just for you to know everything it could be dangerous, I don't want to put anybody else's life in the same situation."

Jon understood her concerns and would've the same if Dr. Thompkins hadn't work with his father and the League for years.

"Believe me Starlight, if you decide to do it, she will be fine. She just want to help you and me, and she also mentioned helping us as a couple too..." realising he never asked her to be his girlfriend, they only had plans for a date in two days.

"Okay, I could try at least, I mean it can't hurt to have someone to talk to and help?" He could hear the smile in her voice and was very happy and she never corrected him on calling them a couple, he knew at this point if he ask her to be on Saturday she would say yes.

"Great! So do you think you can skip school an afternoon this week? Maybe Friday?" after making sure she was okay with it for the last time, he let her go to join his last classes of the day. They will call each other tonight anyway.

* * *

That same night, during patrol in Paris, Cat Noir showed up an hour early to make his side of the city, he met Ladybug on Notre-Dame, just when she was about to start her own tour.

"Nothing much tonight Ladybug. I'll be on my way." He didn't gave her time to reply and jump extending his baton.

"Cat...!" her voice echoed in the night, while her partner left. She didn't want to hurt her best friend, but after all the times she told him, over the years, that she didn't have romantic feelings for him, maybe it was the best way for them to grown has friends and superheroes. She could only wish she wouldn't lose him because the love she had for Jon.