ANOTHER A/N

boo! did i scare you?

Another a/n! Disappointing, i know, but please bare with me here.

I initially wanted to discontinue this book, seeing as I've lost interest in Harry Potter as a whole, but seeing people comment and vote on the book has got me thinking. Though I do not enjoy the franchise as much as I did 2-3 years back, I can still continue writing for this because some people enjoy it.

Ive reread these books, (god fuck, was it atrocious,) and realized there was so much more that could've been done with (Y/n)'s character, so much potential down the drain because I couldn't really grasp a solid idea of what I wanted the book to be. Now, I could retcon every major improvement I can think of into this book.

A few examples include:

Y/n being adopted so the reader doesn't have to be a pasty ginger by default.

Y/n is just a normal boy who happens to have Potter in his name, and not the boy who lived. (potter isn't even needed, honestly. he could just be some boy, I don't know why I made him a Potter but it does open up a lot of plot ideas so ehhh)

Draco being much more of an obnoxious brat and inserting a real rivalry between him and (Y/n). [not sure if it would be academic since Granger is always the top, and (Y/n) is probably the type to give less than two shits about magical grades in magical school]

Giving (Y/n) more disadvantages apart from being unable to ride a broom. I feel like he's way too talented for his age, but that aspect can be balanced if you guys like being very cool. (not really, (Y/n) is more of a menace rather than cool..]

Actual consequences for (Y/n) breaking school rules and committing literal crime, considering that he's been caught MULTIPLE TIMES.(theft. You're a petty theif)

An actual justification for being in Slytherin

AND SO MUCH MORE. That list barely scratches the surface.

I don't think retconning all of these would be wise. The smart thing to do would be to edit the first book first, THEN continue writing this book. I can also add so much more content and flesh out (Y/n)'s character beyond mischievous.

The downside to that, is that I can't promise that it'll be quick. Neither will straight up updating this book, but it'll give me more ground to work on. I think this project (I have a drafts for the WHOLE series) is long overdue and I would like to finish something for once in my life.

I know that representation is important to a lot of us LGBT folk. And as a pansexual man myself, the lack of mlm fan fiction is kind of sad. That's another reason why I've decided to pick this series up again.

What do you guys think? I can't promise consistent updates, but I can promise that the updates that will ve uploaded would be much better quality than the one's you've read in this book series. Hope to hear from you all soon!

- William