Chapter Fifteen

Hey guys, so sorry for the slow update‚ my heart wasn't in this for a while. And then I thought‚ screw what I feel‚ you amazing followers out there have been asking for an update and here it is! I hope it's not too shitty. And if you guys have anything you want to add to this story‚ anything you want to see happen‚ give me a shout and I'll be sure to put it in!

I was so glad it was Saturday. It meant that I didn't have to face Mr. Downey in class and be fidgety or blushy all day. Sighing‚ I rolled over onto my stomach and breathed in the citrus smell of lemon that lingered on my pillow. At the sight of my alarm clock‚ my tummy grumbled‚ rudely reminding me that I was hungry.
It was lunch time.
I threw myself out of bed‚ not bothering to brush my hair or get dressed‚ and zoomed down the stairs.
Mom was nowhere in sight.
"Mom?" I padded through to the kitchen. Nope. Backing out‚ I headed to the lounge. And then I saw the note.
'Gone to get breakfast/lunch‚' it read‚ 'back at around 2 o'clock love mom x'
Two o'clock? That was a year away! Well‚ two hours. Grumbling‚ I made my way to the fridge. A carton of milk and a slice of carrot cake beckoned to me from within their compartments. Grinning greedily‚ I crammed half the cake in my mouth and chugged down the entire half carton of milk.
My tummy grumbled.
"Are you serious?" I glared down at my naval‚ only just visible underneath the hem of my pyjama top‚ "I've just fed you! What are you‚ a dog? Jeez!" I stuffed the rest of the cake in my gob and trudged to the front door. Time to sit in the sun!
I plonked myself on the warm grass outside and pulled out my phone. Pulling up the Facebook app‚ my fingers seemed to involuntarily type up Mr. Downey's name. What are you doing‚ I mentally yelled at myself‚ are you crazy?! Paying no heed to my brain‚ my fingers swiped through Mr. Downey's photos. Cute. Cute. Cute. Ooh‚ double cute! And then - I accidently hit like. Shit! Shit! My brain shut down. What did I do? He's going to think I'm a crazy stalker‚ unlike it‚ un-fucking-like it! I stabbed the like button with enough force to crack my screen. Finally‚ the thumbs up went from blue to white. Phew.
I tossed my phone aside‚ not trusting myself with the barrage of insanely sexy photos of my teacher. I lay back on the grass‚ the dew soaking into my shirt a little. It felt good. Sighing in content‚ I rolled over onto my stomach and began plucking at the grass. I didn't care if anyone could see me sprawled out in the front garden‚ after all‚ I wasn't doing anything wrong. Grabbing a handful of daisies‚ I began to make a chain.
"If we all light up we can scare away the dark‚" I sang as I plucked and threaded the daisies. The lyrics were from my favourite Passenger song‚ Scare Away The Dark.
I hung the daisy chain around my wrist and smiled contentedly at it. It would break sooner or later but right now it was something beautiful to look at. My day-dreaming stare was broken by a very familiar sound; mom's rusty old banger of a car pulling into the driveway. The sound was not unlike that of a cat being kicked‚ amplified by one hundred units.
It was food time.
I dashed to the driveway where mom had delved into the boot of the car and was pulling out plastic bags of pure heavan. Namely‚ pancakes and pizza.
"Mom‚ that's gonna make a hell of a lunch!"
My mom smiled at me‚ before handing me the heaviest bag.
"I thought maybe we'd do something different today."
We walked inside. Mom set up what she needed to make the pancakes and I shoves the pizza into the oven. Hmm‚ pepperoni‚ my favourite! My mouth began to water.
"Zee‚ your top is a bit wet‚" mom observed‚ swiping at my pj's.
"Yeah‚" I heaved my body into a shrug‚ "I was laying in the grass. I made a daisy chain!" I held up my wrist proudly. The wilted white flowers had turned an odd grey colour and were staring at my mom pitifully. My mom stared back.
"Ye-es‚" she said‚ slowly‚ skeptically‚ "I can see that. Now get your wet arse in gear and help me out." She gave me a gentle shove in the generall direction of the frying pan on the hob. I took it and began to pour in the pancake mix. The delicious smell hit my nostrils and my stomach growled loudly in an attempt to speed me up.
Today was going to be a good day‚ I could tell already.