Chapter Twenty

The chapters aren't very long, I'm so sorry! But I'll be introducing RDJ back into the mix soon. What do you guys think about a chapter from Robert's point of view? Let me know in the comments!

It was three long, excruciating weeks before I saw Mr. Downey again. Don't get me wrong, Mrs. Laughery was a wonderful old lady. She had her funny moments and was kind hearted. But she just wasn't Robert.
"Ugh," I let out a groan and thumped my head off my desk as I waited for the drama teacher. There was a rumour going around that it was Robert but I knew never to trust what you didn't know.
"Whoever it is, they're late."
I could only nod my head into my desk in agreement to Stephen's comment. And then -
"Good afternoon, class!"
A very dishevelled, very tired looking Mr. Downey trundled through the door and I had a hard time stopping myself from flying into a fit of rage and slapping him across his stupid, gorgeous face.
"Morning!" The class sounded with muttered greetings but I wasn't one of them; I couldn't even look at him. I had thought that the sight of him would make me forget about the lies but it only made it worse.
"Sorry I haven't been around," Mr. Downey said cheerfully as he perched his delectable behind on the edge of his desk, "I've been a little ... busy."
Yeah, a nasty little voice in my head spat spitefully, busy screwing some beautiful woman.
"How've you all been?"
There were a few muttered answers from the classroom, not one of us sounding enthusiastic but Mr. Downey remained smiling. Those gorgeous chocolate eyes found mine and he gave me a little smirk. Had it been any other day, I would have died a little inside, internally screamed with joy, and given him a smile of my own. But today I could only sneer at him and turn to look out the window into the foggy, bleak weather outside.
Just perfect. Not only did Robert lie to me, steal my affection and then throw it under the biggest bus he could find, it was also a bloody miserable day.
Just abso-fucking-lutely perfect.
"Right," Robert began, completely unfazed by the lack of interest from his class, "Because this is technically my first day back, you can all start on the competition."
With that, Robert sat on his desk and pulled out a sketchpad of his own. This wasn't the first time he had given us some mundane task just so he can sit at his desk and daydream.
With a sigh, I shot Robert one last look before pulling out my own sketchpad and pencils. Lining them up on my desk, I sorted through them so that they were colour-coordinated and then got to work. But what to draw? Right now, nothing made me feel happy and alive. Except maybe the thought of Robert's - Mr. Downey's - nether regions being torn off by his wife. Or me. Especially me. But I couldn't put that in a sketchpad and hand it in as extra credit. I would be out the door faster than I could say "Robert Downey Jr."
Dammit! With a huff I flipped my sketchbook shut, slammed my pencil back on the desk and stared once more out of the window.
From now on, I wanted nothing more to do with that stupidly handsome twat.

"Miss Olsten, stay behind please."
Fuck, fucking, fuckity- fuck. Fuck. Mr. Downey was sat on his desk, long legs dangling off the edge. His head was tilted, his gorgeous eyes narrowed as he stared at me. I barely registered my classmates leaving as I stared back at him. Harry gave me a quick pat on my shoulder before scooting out the door as fast as he could. And finally, we were alone.
"So." Mr. Downey began, trying to start up a conversation.
"So...?" I repeated, raising my eyebrows at him in question.
"What's wrong?"
I scoffed; he was really asking me that?!
"I'm fine." God, I never was a very good liar and Mr. Downey noticed immediately that I wasn't being at all truthful.
He stood up from the desk to pull me into his arms, smiling at me as though he thought it would help. What a fanny. Skirting around him, I headed for the classroom door that Harry had left ajar. He probably knew that I would need a quick escape.
"Ziva-"
"Don't. Do not say my name."
I kept my back towards Robert as I rested my forehead on the cool wood of the door,
"Just - please, don't."
Robert - ugh, Mr. Downey - came up behind me. He rested that dark head on my own red one, pulling me into him, cocooning me in a sea of warmth.
Hm. So nice.
No!
I pulled away.
"I have to go," I snapped, not yet having met his eyes. How could I? I would either fall even deeper in love with him or want to hit him right on the jaw. Either option was bad and completely unacceptable given my circumstances.
"Ziva - Miss Olsten, please! What's wrong with you? Tell me, please."
I looked up at him, finally letting those wonderful eyes meet my own. Yep. Definetely falling in love with him. Jesus, Mary, Joseph and the three wise kings, what's wrong with me?
"I'm fine," I repeated, forcing the door open.
"I'll see you tomorrow then," Mr. Downey said rejectedly as he watched me go, "that is, if you still want to see me." He smirked, thinking he was being cute. I didn't smile back.
"We'll see." With that, I marched out of the classroom with my head held high. Slamming the door shut behind me I made my way to the dining hall ("it's a cafeteria Ziva, jeez!" Harry would say, rolling his eyes), I searched for Harry.
I had made up my mind; I was going to tell him. He was my best friend, someone I could trust. And he had the right to know why I was so grumpy.
Let's just hope he doesn't report you for being an absolute panini then, a little voice in my head said and I could only nod in agreement.